Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever cut you'r childs hair WITHOUT permission!? - long

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM
  • 31 Replies

A few weeks ago my DH and both of my DD's were spending time at my in laws (FIL and his wife, so my step MIL?). While they were there my step-MIL took it upon herself to not only cut my 1 yo hair, but to GIVE HER BANGS!!!! So now it is my responsibility to grow them out or pay $ every few weeks to have them trimmed. On top of that, this was her first hair cut! On top of all this, she never asked, and she messed it up, really really bad, it pretty much looks like a zig zag line, starting to far on one side and ending too soon on the other! and on top of THAT- she didn't apologize, bring it up, offer to take her to get it fixed or offer to give me money to have it fixed!!

Naturally when I saw her I flipped! I was so mad I gave myself three days to cool off, I was still so mad I texted her instead of calling her because I knew my voice would give away how angry I was. (texting isn't a big thing, it is how we always communicate, I cant ever remember that last time I talked to her on the phone). My text simply said, "I do not appreciate you cutting Alexa's hair without asking, I am letting you know that you are to never cut either of my children's hair again" her response "Jesus Christ Courtney, its just hair, stop being a drama queen, its her fault its crooked, she moved" my response to that "well of course she moved, she is a baby, again, its simple, don't cut my children's hair and we will all be fine" and her - "go F*C* yourself and the A** you rode in on". After which she continued to text my DH talking crap about me for 2 Hours! He told her not to talk that way about me and he was just as mad, my last text "The last thing will ever say to you - DO NOT TEXT MY HUSBAND TALKING CRAP ABOUT ME, our relationship is better than that and all you are doing is burning bridges"

wow right? I think I was completely right to tell her not to do that, and she knew she was wrong, she knew she messed it up, and she crossed the line twice now! My DH is backing me up in this.

sooo.... fast forward 2 weeks later.... her text (first time we have heard from either of the inlaws) "I am texting you because I have to. SORRY!"        ummmmmm so that was heartfelt right? I did not and do not plan to respond in any way, my children don't like her anyways, we are always having problems with her. and my DH said its my choice.

WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK???

(sorry it is so long!)

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM
I'd be pissed because it's her first haircut. But I do think BOTH of you could have been more mature about it . She us right, it's hair, it will grow back. And you were right too. But is HAIR something you want to end a relationship over?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bupkie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I think that's the last time she gets to see your DD!   She can k y a!  But that's just what I think..... (And I'M BEING NICE!!!)   i DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WITH SELF-ENTITLEMENT ISSUES - ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN!!!!!! 

bupkie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Quoting Rhyne:

I'd be pissed because it's her first haircut. But I do think BOTH of you could have been more mature about it . She us right, it's hair, it will grow back. And you were right too. But is HAIR something you want to end a relationship over?

Its not the hair, the issue is that step mil thinks she has the right to do whatever she wants, without asking, to this child... to whom she isn't even related.... at all.... and then, treat her so disrespectfully.....   That's the issue.   The hair and the fact that she won't even offer to FIX what she did nor apologize, are secondary issues....   (the way I see it.)  

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

austynsmama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Initally NO! thats why I just told her not to do it again, then it is the way she acted about it, told me to F myself, and then she said a lot worse about me to my DH. A lot of the reason I am done with her goes back to other things as well, I have always been nice to her and think I was pretty civil with everything I said even when she went over board.

I just realized (I was trying to shorten the post) that I left out after she told me to F myself I said "wow, grow up, when you can take that back then I guess we can all move on and act like a normal family again" she then said "no sweat off my A**, 2 less kids I have to worry about, This will hurt you before it ever crosses my mind"!

Quoting Rhyne:

laciD
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Yes, we have a tradition with our sons. We do not cut there hair until their second birthdays... well my sister decided my oldest needed a hair cut at 22 months and decided to give him bangs. I was SO mad.  

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Wow, your mil told you to go "f" yourself? That's disgusting. I would never talk to her again.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM

i would be pissed but let bygones be bygones. but just remind her not to do it again. For the sake of your children i wouldnt be drag it through all the shit again but i would never let her alone with you children again

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM

That bitch wouldn't have a face right now if she pulled that with my kid. IMO you were a lot nicer than I would have been. Looks like her dumb ass just burned a bridge. I guess she'll never be left alone with your kids, if she even gets to see them. (Sorry, I just keep thinking about what I would do if somebody did that to my DD) Good luck!

mereinhart28
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Wow. When I saw the title I was going to joke that yes, our daughter is the one who cut her own hair without my permission. I'm sorry your MIL is being like that. I can't believe she said that stuff to you (and about you to hubby) that's just crazy!

Sunshine172
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM

my MIL gave my oldest DD bangs too when she was about a year and a half, she ASKED us first, if she could cut her hair, we told her no, as soon asn me and SO were out of that trailer, she cut her frikkin hair ANYWAYS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)