Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your you & your kids eat for lunch?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

I need healthy ideas for my son and myself! thanks!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amazingaudri
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM

not so healthy, but PB&J, mac and cheese, leftovers from dinner. Very kid friendly food.

rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:18 AM

BUMP!

snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:20 AM

My daughter will have something like: A sandwich (peanut butter and jelly usually), with colorful mac and cheese, applesauce, and a glass of milk. Or chicken nuggets, green beans, apple slices, and a glass of milk. I try to give her protein, fruit, veggie, and dairy for lunch and dinner.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I only do lunch on the weekends since she's in daycare all week...but sometimes I cook, sometimes we do leftovers, or chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and hotdogs.  I need to do more healthy stuff!

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM
We don't do Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, pre made foods, or mayo.

We will have a sandwich cheese or meat with mustard and some sort of veggie, leftovers from the night before which would be a protein and veggies, some sort of meat salad and fruit, cottage cheese and fruit, etc

I am not bashing but I really don't understand why so many moms go for mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, or premade processed foods? Why? It's so unhealthy for the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug8412
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:27 AM

My son eats pb & j or grilled cheese sandwiches, pita pizzas, chicken noodle soup, with either apple sauce, string cheese, and/or strawberries.  I usually eat leftovers, turkey and cream cheese wraps, or sandwiches myself.  None of this is healthy, but ya know......

epoh
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Leftovers usually. Today she's having rice noodles with curried peppers and onions, with a sauce of chicken broth and fresh squeezed lime. Yum!

I just went grocery shopping--a couple of my fave sandwiches to make are:

turkey on multi-grain bread with cream cheese, dried cranberries, and fresh spinach

thin sliced chicken breast on multi-grain bread with red pepper hummus, avacado, and fresh spinach

tuna in a pita with sprouts

I add a cheese stick or yogurt, fresh fruits, and juice or mill and call it good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TDMumof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I don't do Lunch because  a lot of times my kids aren't home or I am not hungry..If they are home than I usually give them a snack instead of doing a big meal because 9 times out of the time dinner is only a few hours away..

snugglesaurus

How do you know they are premade?
I make mac and cheese from scratch and add things like zucchini and onions and tomatoes. As for chicken nuggets, they are also easy to make from scratch, but I do buy the 100% natural ones. There is no artificial ingredients, I can pronounce every ingredient listed and know what it is.

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

We don't do Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, pre made foods, or mayo.

We will have a sandwich cheese or meat with mustard and some sort of veggie, leftovers from the night before which would be a protein and veggies, some sort of meat salad and fruit, cottage cheese and fruit, etc

I am not bashing but I really don't understand why so many moms go for mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, or premade processed foods? Why? It's so unhealthy for the kids

awooding

I eat leftovers from the night before. My daughter usually has a peanut butter & jelly (both all natural and additive-free) sandwich with chips and an apple. Milk or apple juice to drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)