Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM
  • 33 Replies

For what reason do u believe in god, or dont?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queenchula
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM

BUMP!

MomX04
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I believe in higher powers but I refuse to give then names, genders or faces because I believe that limits their abilities and puts them within limits.

.kk.
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM

When I was younger, I didn't believe in God. Then when I was a teenager, I went through an experience where I should have been killed, but was not. Someone else was killed instead, a good person. I was not a good person at that time in my life so i didn't understand why I was spared and the good person was killed. The only thing I could come up with was that there was a reason for it. Have I lived up to that? I don't know.

In the last year or so I have really begun to doubt. I don't believe that Jesus was God's son, nor do I believe in the bible and now i am starting to doubt in God. I just have so many questions that cannot be answered, so many things that do not make sense. So many answers that used to suffice for me no longer do.

Sometimes people are nothing but good and put nothing but good into the world and all they get back is crap. I don't understand why that would happen if there were a God.

Buggy979
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I am a radical and sometimes militant atheist. Religion can be very dangerous (think of crusades, 9/11 or child abuse), belief is foolish and life is so much better without dogma or deities. I am a rational person who can enjoy life without the belief in the existence of a God. I am radically against religion and belief, but that doesn't mean I am  aggressive or can't be good to religious people. I was raised a regular Christian and  still celebrate Christmas because it's a great occasion to meet with relatives and drink. I believe that hell does not exists as we are all equal and and that life itself could be called hell not a choice!

I do not believe in prayer as I find that science is best left up to mother earth if I die or not. I have no ill feelings towards anyone who believes in what they want I just want people to understand that we are all human and have a right to believe in what we want. Trying to justify your beliefs with someone who does not believe in a man written none real book doesn't fly with us non-believers. Sorry. I don't press my way on anyone so why is it that all god loving creatures try to make me think other wise?

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I do believe in God.  Do I believe it is all something that we can fully understand, as human beings? Not at all.  I do believe there is one, especially after the experience of bringing a child into the world.  That is nothing short of a miracle to me. 

The idea of God and whether or not he/she/it exists brings up a lot of other powerful questions for me.. such as why do we exist?  I put my faith into the Christian God because it was what I was taught as a child and still have not found a better explanation for our existance.  I do however not take the Bible literally, and still believe in evolution, etc. 

cypris420
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I couldn't have said it better than Buggy.  I also can't see any compelling reasons to believe in the Christian god over Shiva or Thor or Zeus.  They are all myths. 

queenchula
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I see very interesting replies.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Alot of research, thinking, and communicating with others..... I've had years of this to become Atheist.

.kk.
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Avasmom326:

I do believe in God.  Do I believe it is all something that we can fully understand, as human beings? Not at all. 

I'm not trying to start a debate, or pick on you, but this is the kind of thing that I take issue with.

Humans have split the atom, we bring people back to life, we found life on a planet 34.6 million miles away from us , we've broken the sound barrier. Thirty years ago, we thought a 'black hole' was just something out of a sci fy movie, now they think that our entire galaxy might be a black hole in itself.

If we can learn and understand all of that, why can we not fully understand God?

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM

VERY WELL SAID! COMPLEATLY AGREE!

Quoting Buggy979:

I am a radical and sometimes militant atheist. Religion can be very dangerous (think of crusades, 9/11 or child abuse), belief is foolish and life is so much better without dogma or deities. I am a rational person who can enjoy life without the belief in the existence of a God. I am radically against religion and belief, but that doesn't mean I am  aggressive or can't be good to religious people. I was raised a regular Christian and  still celebrate Christmas because it's a great occasion to meet with relatives and drink. I believe that hell does not exists as we are all equal and and that life itself could be called hell not a choice!

I do not believe in prayer as I find that science is best left up to mother earth if I die or not. I have no ill feelings towards anyone who believes in what they want I just want people to understand that we are all human and have a right to believe in what we want. Trying to justify your beliefs with someone who does not believe in a man written none real book doesn't fly with us non-believers. Sorry. I don't press my way on anyone so why is it that all god loving creatures try to make me think other wise?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)