Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ummmm I think that means I'm doing good.......?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

My baby is 2 today!

But the point of this is-

I don't really spank my kid. every once in a while a swat on the butt when he is getting a little out of hand but I have never "beat his ass" but the way he reacts when I yell at him.... you would think the child gets beat. I say something like "hey stop that you're going to get hurt" and he will drop whatever he is doing and just look at me with the "oops I'm sorry" face. I tell him if you don't stop you're going to be in trouble............. same reaction.

I like it that I don't have to beat my kid for him to listen to me, I don't have to hit him to let him know I mean business. That's good right?

Now sometimes he will just flat out ignore me and I have to go and MAKE him look at me.... you know get him by the cheeks and say "hey look here" but he usually listens really good. Time-out is like his worst fear, if I say be nice or you'll get time-out he will stop fighting and be the sweetest little angel... it's kind of funny to see him switch from a mean little brat to a sweet baby boy just with the word time-out.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfiest
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Sounds like you're doing good.

I feel sorry for the ones who have to spank their kids into submission.

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Yeah it sounds like you are doing well with him.  I only really swat my dd once on the butt if she is refusing to listen to me after I tell her something a couple of times and she ignores it.  Which isn't a lot.

Jessand2boys
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM

lol. my son fears time out. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Happy birthday to your obedient little man!

Mandymb
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM
there is a big difference between spanking your kid and beating them. Just saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieBoysMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I know that. I'm just saying I don't have to and I like it that way

Quoting Mandymb:

there is a big difference between spanking your kid and beating them. Just saying.

Rockabilly_ma13
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Happy birthday to him. Mine was good at 2....now he is 8....just wait. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieBoysMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Everyone said "wait til he's 2" and ...... he's still good. He was the easiest baby ever.

I guess the theory is good infant = extra terrible 2 yr old but so far he's doing good.

Quoting Rockabilly_ma13:

MomX04
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Rockabilly_ma13:

LOL mine is four...I miss two.

MomX04
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Quoting CutieBoysMommy:

Everyone said "wait til he's 2" and ...... he's still good. He was the easiest baby ever.

I guess the theory is good infant = extra terrible 2 yr old but so far he's doing good.

Quoting Rockabilly_ma13:

I don't think it's so much terrible twos but that when they figure out they have their own opinions and can start to express them some of them become spawns of momentary insanity for their parents. 

My four year old grunts and hollars and slams his arms into the wall now when he gets mad and the back talking OMG. That child used a tone on me the other day that made me step back and remember that I'm the adult lol. 

I think the stronger the opinion the harder they fight to make them known and put on top of yours if they can.  Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it will drive you up the wall.

Anywho hope your baby has had a wonderful day and hope it keeps on being great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)