Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you in therapy?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

If so, what do you get out of it and what do you hope to get out of it?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennaInAlaska
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM

nerdy 

series40
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM

I did it for about a yr and it was a complete waste of money. Nothing was acomplished.  Until I change my life nothing will change.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM

i am in cognative thinking and behavioural therapy. its teaching me a new way to see life and approach life.

art.diva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:01 AM
I was in therapy, but my therapist said there was nothing he could do for me...aside from anxiety, I'm fine. And that it was my family that needed the therapy, since they were the reason that I had anxiety in the first place..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennaInAlaska
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:01 AM

I had that issue for a bit. Getting a new therapist helped.

Quoting series40:

I did it for about a yr and it was a complete waste of money. Nothing was acomplished.  Until I change my life nothing will change.

HeIsMyWorld2009
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM
No cuz I'm perfect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracieLullaby27
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM

i went to therapy for about 4 or 5 months. to deal with my divorce and anger/depression issues that stemmed from what my ex did to me. I hoped to find a way to forgive him, myself and to let it all go. And i was desperate to find a way to get rid of my anger that was being directed unfairly at my son, my brother and my parents. I was so incredibly angrey at my ex and myself but since my ex lived 3000 miles away and i couldnt take the anger out on him, my wonderful family got the brunt of my anger. I did really well with it and managed to work through some crap pretty quickly. I only stopped because I moved out of state. I totally miss the lady i was going to. She really really got me. I just recently got health insurance again after over a year without it, and i want to go back to therapy. Mostly this time to keep up with dealing with anger and dealing with being alone and parenting by myself. I don't have anger towards the ex so much anymore but i find i get angrey over stupid things way too easy. I was never an angrey person before my marriage ended. I hate being so angrey all the time.

GracieLullaby27
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Same here. Years ago I went while married into the military. The docs made me go and made my ex do marraige counseling. Horrible counselors. Just not the right fit for me and my ex is immune to therapy so that was a waste of time before it even got started.

i'd say shop around, the right person makes a HUGE difference.

Quoting JennaInAlaska:

I had that issue for a bit. Getting a new therapist helped.

Quoting series40:

MsJoa
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:16 AM
I'm in the process of finding a new therapist. The one's I have had either said they couldn't help me, or their form of therapy was just "shooting the breeze".

I'm going to see a new one tomorrow who actually specializes in my disorders. Hopefully I'll win the "therapist lotto" so I don't have to go through the headache of finding yet another one.

What I want to gain is perspective, I guess. I want help to unlock the mysteries of myself so I can more easily identify what my real problems are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennaInAlaska
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 AM

laughingMe too. 

Quoting HeIsMyWorld2009:

No cuz I'm perfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)