Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Traveling with a 6 month old.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I am flying out from California to Rhode Island on Wednesday. I have never traveled with my daughter, so I have a question about formula feeding her. I went to the ticket counter at the airport and the employee told me that I couldn't bring water into the gate, that I had to buy it at the gate after the security checkpoint, which I've always known, BUT he told me that they only have vending machines at the gate (it's a small airport) so the water will be freezing cold and I don't want to give her a cold bottle, what should I do? This is freaking me out because I'm scared she'll get a tummy-ache and I don't think it would taste very good either. 

What should I do?! 

Anyone know the guidelines when traveling with a baby? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy0815
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM
When I traveled with my daughter from atlanta to seattle, I had the water already poured in the bottles ans security looked through the diaper bag and didn't say anything. Also most flight attendents will stick it in some warm water for u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy0815
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:04 AM
Also meant to add...dont take more formula or water than u need in ur carry on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tandkmom1708
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:05 AM

measure the water out in a bottle. i won't think they would they u something for having the babies bottle premeasured.

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM

you copuld get a portable bottle warmer :)

good luck hon.l how long is the flight

amyjosh8687
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM

It's almost 7 hours long.

Quoting jenniepepsi:

art.diva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:07 AM
I just flew cross country with my baby and had the same problem. I learned that if you get on board really,really early, you can catch a flight attendant and they will give you some hot water. Just know, after flying round trip with a layover each time, I never got water that was less that boiling hot. So have cold water on hand to mix it with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanielleK21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM

When I traveled with my daughter she was 3 months old. I was told that we could bring any thing baby food related. I brought 2 6 oz bottles of water. Super heated them and put them in one of those stay warm bags and then put that into the diaper bag. I just had to tell them that it was there. I traveled from a big airport Green bay to a huge airport Phoenix and back. I didn't have any problems.

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:14 AM

mmm when i traveled with DD when she was 9 months old, and her doctor gave me benadril to put in her bottle right before the flight. maybe keep her up all day (if its a night flight) or keep her up all night if its a day f light, and takl to the doc about some benadril so that she will sleep thru the flight easier?

Quoting amyjosh8687:

It's almost 7 hours long.

Quoting jenniepepsi:

amyjosh8687
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:15 AM

So as long as you tell them that there is water in the bottles they won't say anything? I'm just afraid that if I get a cranky agent they might make me throw away the bottle. Is that even possible?

Quoting DanielleK21:

When I traveled with my daughter she was 3 months old. I was told that we could bring any thing baby food related. I brought 2 6 oz bottles of water. Super heated them and put them in one of those stay warm bags and then put that into the diaper bag. I just had to tell them that it was there. I traveled from a big airport Green bay to a huge airport Phoenix and back. I didn't have any problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)