Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arizonia Moms! Or anyone else who has been there!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM
  • 34 Replies

What is it like? I will be going there to visit DFs family. I live in Ohio so I know it will be really different. I have only ever been to Michigan and that was pretty much the same. I'm kind of nervous to be going that far away from home. Dumb question but is there a lot of trees lol? We will be driving all the way there with my 3yo and 2yo. DFs mom said it will take us about 2 1/2 to 3 days because we will have to stop overnight and everything. Is it nice there? We will be going to Sierra Vista. I'm just really nervous and excited all at the same time. Is it really really hot? Lol I'm a nerd!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM

BUMP!

mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:15 AM

BUMP!

savannahs1mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Not a lot of trees, its deserty. cactus and bushes are more south, pine trees up north, I've never been to sierra vista but its south arizona so expect desert. We have awesome sunsets tho..and its pretty warm so no coats until december. I love it here, I grew up here. I will say that I was amazed when I went to Moline, illinois and saw all the colorful trees, its like nothing Ive ever seen. I hope you have a nice trip! =)

mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Thanks! I'm pretty nervous about it being so far away but I can't wait to go!

Quoting savannahs1mom:

Not a lot of trees, its deserty. cactus and bushes are more south, pine trees up north, I've never been to sierra vista but its south arizona so expect desert. We have awesome sunsets tho..and its pretty warm so no coats until december. I love it here, I grew up here. I will say that I was amazed when I went to Moline, illinois and saw all the colorful trees, its like nothing Ive ever seen. I hope you have a nice trip! =)

savannahs1mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:32 AM

You'll like it, it's definitely different. =)

Quoting mistie900:

Thanks! I'm pretty nervous about it being so far away but I can't wait to go!

Quoting savannahs1mom:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

savannahs1mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Oh and we have awesome mexican food here. ;)

mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Good! I love mexican food!

Quoting savannahs1mom:

Oh and we have awesome mexican food here. ;)

angeleyez_2306
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:38 AM
There is palm trees, cacti and desert. I live in northern az, so we have lots of trees. Its Completely different than where you are from. My family lives in ohio. We also have mountains everywhere. I love az! I hope you enjoy your trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isleysmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Phoenix is my favorite place in the world!! I'm in Ohio too and have several friends that live in the Phoenix area. I hope you have a wonderful time. Are you going to do the site seeing stuff like the grand canyon, flag staff? Even if you don't you'll love it out there!

mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I would love to see the grand canyon! I hope we get a chance.

Quoting isleysmom:

Phoenix is my favorite place in the world!! I'm in Ohio too and have several friends that live in the Phoenix area. I hope you have a wonderful time. Are you going to do the site seeing stuff like the grand canyon, flag staff? Even if you don't you'll love it out there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)