Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10:30 at night and some a-hole left their kids in the car.. ::UPDATE::

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 AM
  • 43 Replies

to effin' grocery shop! My DH stopped by the grocery store tonight to pick up a bottle of wine. He gets in the car and notices the vehicle next to him has little kids jumping around in it.. with no adult in sight. He sits there for a good 5 minutes before calling me and asking what he should do. I gave him the non emergency line for the PD and told him to get the license plate #. He gets out to check... NO plate on the back... NO plate on the front... there are 2 kids jumping around and a BABY in an infant carrier inside the car.

WTF is wrong with people?!?!?

::UPDATE::

So DH did call but didn't talk to the cop. He waited until the cop got to the parking lot then DH drove across the street to get gas. The cop drove around the car and just waited in the parking lot. After getting gas DH drove closer and saw the lady loading her groceries (MORE than 1 or 2 bags like a quick run someone mentioned which is STILL wrong..) in and the cop leaving. He doesn't know if she was talked to or at the very least given a ticket for not having license plates. DH said while he was waiting there was a tweeker walking around the parking lot asking for change, and the car wasn't even parked near the entrance, it was almost in the middle of the parking lot under a tree.

We have 4 kids, ages 4, 3, 1 and 6 months.. so DH guessed their ages by comparing the children to ours. He guesses they were at least 5, 2 and under 1.

It infuriates me that people are like this. If someone is SO careless to act this way in public, what other shitty things are they doing to their kids in private??

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 AM
The stupidity of some people will never cease to amaze me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloKitty86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:27 AM

i didnt know blockbuster sold wine....

ColieO
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:27 AM
I guess I'm not seeing a huge issue. Its at night, so its not that hot and the sun isn't shining. They may have just barely left to run inside to grab a few things. Even a quick trip can take ten or fifteen minutes. If the doors are locked, they wouldn't be kidnapped. I dunno. Just my thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM

did he call anyway? even if the doors were locked, someone who really wanted to could break a window and take one of them. i would have called and just stayed there until the police showed up.

AirForceWife412
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Seriously? Some people are beyond f**king stupid.your DH did the right thing. Go him. Gah some people and their stupidity amazes me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
living4jesus791
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM
that would b my ? some people shouldn't b parents! i would NEVER ever leave my kids in the car. i don't care even if it's for a minute that is just flat out stupid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracieLullaby27
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 AM

id still be calling the cops. no plates no problem. theres a VIN # that can be seen thru the windsield and used to trace a vehicles owner just like a plate.

just when you think you've seen it all....glad ur DH stuck around!

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:31 AM
People are so fucking stupid. I just want to shake them! I called the police on some stupid woman who left her 2 sleeping toddlers in the car late afternoon at the end of July. She was only in the store for about 5 minutes but anything could have happened!! Not to mention how hot the inside of the car was! Made me sick...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:31 AM

wow really? little kids could easily open the door and get out...

Quoting ColieO:

I guess I'm not seeing a huge issue. Its at night, so its not that hot and the sun isn't shining. They may have just barely left to run inside to grab a few things. Even a quick trip can take ten or fifteen minutes. If the doors are locked, they wouldn't be kidnapped. I dunno. Just my thoughts.

ColieO
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM
They didn't the whole time your DH was there. Its not something I would do, but it doesn't mean someone is a fucking idiot parent automatically.

Quoting eyeheartsin:

wow really? little kids could easily open the door and get out...

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)