Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, another moron at Wal-mart.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:23 AM
  • 17 Replies

So I'm at Wal-mart, checking out. The lady behind us was chatty which is fine. I live in a small town, people are friendly-it's a given. So she's remarking on how cute my DD is and what is her name? I say, "Wendy", she asks if it's short for something so I say, Gwendylln Rose.

She replied, "I'd call her Rose."  I'm like, WTF? But, being polite I don't say anything as she starts jibberjabbering to Wendy, "Rose, you like Rose better, huh?"

I've decided that the woman is nuts, so I start loading my groceries faster to get away. She points to my stomach and asks if "I have another one on the way". I say, "Nope. Just fat." Finally we've paid it and got everything into the cart so l politely say "Have a nice day!"

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:24 AM

people are so weird anymore. 

Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Ah Walmartians......

I like Wendy better myself. It isn't a nme you hear every freaking day XD

serjil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:26 AM

lol. I love your reply. I hope she had enough sense to be embarrassed. 

hopinforanother
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:27 AM

LOL! Oh my!

LCG83
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:27 AM
Lololol what a nut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:29 AM

oh and on the subject of whackjobs at Walmart - I'm 36 weeks pregnant, a few weeks ago I was walking into Walmart, and this woman practically runs up to me to try and feel my stomach.  I dart out of the way because that's freaking weird, and she comes up to me trying to touch me again.  Again, I get out of her reach and she says "oh I was just trying to feel the baby."  I told her (1) baby's not moving at the moment and (2) who the hell are you and why are you trying to touch random women's stomachs?  Apparently I'm the only pregnant person on the planet who hasn't let this woman rub all up on them.  Freaking weirdos.  She was pissed.

.carrie.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I guess, she got kinda quiet. :D

Quoting serjil:

lol. I love your reply. I hope she had enough sense to be embarrassed. 

armywifenmom09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:32 AM
My cousin's name is Wendy Jo. So I love the name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:32 AM

wow just wow

.carrie.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:33 AM

That's so weird! Wow.  

I was lucky only my mom and sister were obsessed with feeling my stomach.

Quoting kltinsley:

oh and on the subject of whackjobs at Walmart - I'm 36 weeks pregnant, a few weeks ago I was walking into Walmart, and this woman practically runs up to me to try and feel my stomach.  I dart out of the way because that's freaking weird, and she comes up to me trying to touch me again.  Again, I get out of her reach and she says "oh I was just trying to feel the baby."  I told her (1) baby's not moving at the moment and (2) who the hell are you and why are you trying to touch random women's stomachs?  Apparently I'm the only pregnant person on the planet who hasn't let this woman rub all up on them.  Freaking weirdos.  She was pissed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)