Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you escape?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:20 AM
  • 16 Replies

So lately, my kids have really been aggravating me. I mean it's just constant all day. Elijah (4) runs around the house screaming and knocking things over and breaking them. he gets the boxes of cereal and dumps them on the floor and smashes them into crumbs that i have to clean up immediantly or Aiden will eat them. He knocks Aiden over and tries to make it seem like he's playing, he does things on purpose to make Aiden cry. Aiden (19 months) Climbs on everything! He climbs on top of the kitchen table to try to reach the light. He finds ways to get on my counter tops, he gets in the fireplace and throws ashes. I watch my kids every minute of the day and everytime i turn around to do something for the other the one who i'm not watching does something to destroy the house or hurt themselves. I've tried child proofing my house but they will find and move it to climb up onto something. If the house isn't clean when i pick up DH he's in a bad mood and then i have to deal with him. I barely get help from him. He comes home from work around 6 we eat dinner he takes a shower and is normally in bed by 9 or 10. I have to give my kids a bath right after dinner and then it's bedtime for them. By the time i get the house cleaned back up DH is asleep. I never get to see him or spend time with him. I just don't know how most of you manage all this without going crazy! I really need some help on getting my home life going good to where i'm not yanking my hair out everyday. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. And don't bash me, you will get no response from me what so ever. I need help not people telling me i'm doing something wrong.

Thankyou!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whenuwish
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:24 AM

I like to run in the mornings. It sounds crazy, but I get up before everyone else just so I can put on my mp3 and either hit the road or the treadmill. My husband says it makes me happy, I say it brings me peace.

iwanabemomie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:25 AM
Before my dd was born there was me,dh,my poodle and shihtzu.my dh alone is a big kid and the dogs....my poodle barking drove me nuts.i would just get in my car and go ride,air my brain out then go back home to the maddness lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:28 AM

I'm sorry, I can relate to the kids! My boys are about the same apart. For a while, I just gave up on housework, did what I could to keep up what HAD to be done. Thankfully DH is understanding, doesn't help a damn, but understanding =) Any time they are awake, I try and keep them outside, running around, digging in the sand, splashing in the water. If I have to clean, when I put my LO down for a nap, I let my 4 yr old watch TV or play a video game. Often I do dishes while they are eating, then I eat when they are actually playing nicely =)

SweetCakes
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:30 AM

i have to get up at 7 to get everyone ready so i can take DH to work and Elijah to his VPK. 3 hours with only one kid lol. I dont have the energy to run first thing in the morning and my neighbors would probably call the cops bc a crazy woman is  running around the neighborhood lol. I can't get in the car and leave because I would have no one to watch the kids. I don't get a break until they are sleeping and thats when i sleep. Hence..tonight i'm still awake because Aiden woke up at 2 and is still awake..yay me it's going to be a long day lol

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:34 AM

if only your text was not pink and TINY. i cannot read it but hugs op

whenuwish
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Quoting SweetCakes:

i have to get up at 7 to get everyone ready so i can take DH to work and Elijah to his VPK. 3 hours with only one kid lol. I dont have the energy to run first thing in the morning and my neighbors would probably call the cops bc a crazy woman is  running around the neighborhood lol. I can't get in the car and leave because I would have no one to watch the kids. I don't get a break until they are sleeping and thats when i sleep. Hence..tonight i'm still awake because Aiden woke up at 2 and is still awake..yay me it's going to be a long day lol

You wouldn't have to run. Even a short walk would leave you more ready for the day. Maybe running or walking isn't your thing, I get up at 430 so I have time for myself, it's worth it.

TomsMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:37 AM
seriously.. tell your dh to lend a hand.. either with the kids or with the house.. screw the house for a bit and take the kids to the park and let them get some energy out... my almost 4 year old is a terror when he's been cooped up all day...
SweetCakes
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:38 AM

oh, i'm sorry i didn't think it was tiny...

I couldn't imagine getting up so early lol. I might have to start doing that. I was staying up once everyone was asleep so i could have time to myself, but since school started I get so exhausted during the day if I'm not in bed early. I think that's why they are bothering me so much now. I'm used to having a few hours to myself and lately I haven't been getting them. I wish DH was a little more understanding if the house wasen't clean but he's never really had to be alone with them except once they are already in bed and i have to run out real quick for something. So he thinks they are easy to deal with lol.

whenuwish
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:44 AM
they always think that until they go it alone lol. My dh was like wow I don't know how you do it! Even if you just take a bubble bath or have a cup of tea you would feel a little bit better. The only reason I suggested exercise is because it would push that stress away and give you more energy. Keep us posted. It gets easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Sounds like a job for Supper Nannie. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)