Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas in the Seattle area....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

What is the weather like  this time of year.   I will be spending 5 weeks from mid september to early-mid october out there and I need to pack/shop accordingly.  That is completely across the country for me so I have NO clue.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:34 AM

BUMP!

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Usually september its warm in the beginning of the month then cools off pretty fast. October its cold and rainy. When i was up visitng my family in early august the news said its going to be an El Nina winter which means lots of snow/rain.

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:37 AM

where are you from ?

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Pennsylvania

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

where are you from ?

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM

BUMP!

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:40 AM

never been there no clue what the weather is like LOL

ummm I would pack 1 warm coat a few sweat shirts and t shirts maybe 1 or 2 pairs of shorts then mostly long pants. Expect it to be 40-60 degrees with a cold breeze. may be even cooler then 40 come October

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Pennsylvania

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

where are you from ?

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Here is the link to King 5 news you can keep track of weather

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:44 AM

right now its still pretty hot and humid.  It will cool down toward the end of september and october is usually hoodie/light jacket weather.  I remember last year we went to the fair in the morning at the end of September.  It was like 30 freaking degrees that morning and it warmed up to 70 that day.  It can vary big time lol.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

never been there no clue what the weather is like LOL

ummm I would pack 1 warm coat a few sweat shirts and t shirts maybe 1 or 2 pairs of shorts then mostly long pants. Expect it to be 40-60 degrees with a cold breeze. may be even cooler then 40 come October

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Pennsylvania

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

where are you from ?

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:44 AM

thanks!!

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Here is the link to King 5 news you can keep track of weather

ctfirsttimemom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I'm from the East coast too!  My parent's live about 30 min outside of Seattle and my son and I spend alot of time there because my mom can't travel.  We will go for a couple weeks Sept into Oct this year.   When I was there last year at that time it was beautiful!  But that was an unusually dry winter for them I guess, it will be like 50-60s probably still though (depending how late into October you are there) definitely bring good raincoats for everyone.  It doesn't seem to often POUR but its drizzly pretty often depending on the weeks.   Sweatshirts, maybe fleece weight coats.   I'm no expert, but that was my experience there last year (they only moved there a year ago and we were only there a week last fall because my mom could still travel then)  Enjoy!!!  That is one of my favorite parts of the country!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)