Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so what are people on *that thing that shall not be mentioned* allowed?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM
  • 622 Replies

what spending items are we allowed , those of us on PA. i see so many posts where people want to tell those of us on PA how they can live thier lives, spend thier money etc. so please can you tell us oh wise ones. what ARE we allowed?

here is what we are and are not allowed as i have seen in this group

-NEWLY ADDED YOU CANNOT BUY MILK. MILK IS A LUXURY ITEM AND PA RECIPIENTS DO NOT DESERVE IT NOR THIER CHILDREN.

-NO FUN, you are NOT allowd to smile or enjoy LIFE at all

-if you dont want to breastfeed well FORMULA IS OUT OF THE QUESTION . either give your baby up or starve yourself to afford formula. that is a LUXURY

-we ARE NOT allowed any comforts in material goods or hot water

-do not be so thankless as to think that you have a right to ask for allowances in the food given at free lunches at the school due to your child having a deadly allergy. that is very ungreatful

-if you are on PA you must give up all civil rights and allow yourself to be drug tested randomly against your will even though you have committed no crime

-if you are overweight you wil be subject ot strict sanctions because you must be ABUSING your food stamps and too lazy to look for work

-you are allowed to go to school ONLY as long as it does not prevent you from working 60 hours a week.

-IF you get taxes back at the end of the year. you are to immediately go OFF any form of PA and make it on your own till you have exhausted that money. it is not allowed to be used on ANYTHING else.

-NO adult in the house shall be allowed to be a stay at home parent. even if they have kids with special needs.

-you must be humble and thankful at all times to all tax payers for thier personal contributions in helping feed your family. you are NOT allowed to have any pride in life accomplishments unless its to get OFF PA.

-NO leisure time. you are to be pounding the pavement 24/7 to find employment even if its not going to help your family but hurt it.

-no birthday parties or cakes for the kids

-we are not allowed cable, internet, or to have a cell phone if we have a house phone and vice versa

-cannot live in a house, only in a dingy rental LOW quality. save the good quality for the ALMOST have nots

-ramen and ground beef once a week as a treat

-dont buy anything healthy that is expensive because we can get more ramen with our money

-if your car is worth over a certain amount you have to sell it even though getting a different older car means more repairs sooner

-NO gifts from family, if they are a nice item they must be sold

-cant have your nails done

-cant get your hair cut at a salon

-can never buy new clothing

-cannot take your family out to dinner

-no alcohol or cigs ever

-no new tattoos or piercings

-no vacations

-no donations or tithes

-you have ot put your pets down or give them away

-make sure that if you do buy meat that there are no HAVES in the store who have a lesser grade of meat. you cannot have a higher cut of meat than a HAVE in the store  at that time. and NO SHRIMP

-NOTHING name brand

-you are NOT allowed anymore babies

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:38 AM

i don't know.. i don't get into those debates. i commented on the last one about the internet because she said " they "borrow" from their neighbors"

meaning they steal their internet... from other people's wi-fi.

stealing is wrong. i don't give a shit if some poor person on p.a. has internet.

but.. being a thief is just scummy.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM
You are allowed NOTHING- according to some of these oh so perfect mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethInWI
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM

From what i gathered you are allowed Ramen noodles, not the fancy ones in the cup though just the ones in the package.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Quoting mitch576:

i don't know.. i don't get into those debates. i commented on the last one about the internet because she said " they "borrow" from their neighbors"

stealing is wrong. i don't give a shit if some poor person on p.a. has internet.

ITA and i am a former thief

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Nothing, we're not allowed to have anything. Anything nice that was obtained "bpa" (before pa lol) is to be sold to assist in getting off PA! No cable, no internet, nothing nice in your own, no name-brands, no junk food, and no cigarettes! Think that covers it!

lakajungurl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:41 AM
I was about to say the same thing

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

You are allowed NOTHING- according to some of these oh so perfect mothers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitch576
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:41 AM

i don't know what ita means.

and... i use to think wifi was for everyone to use! lol  i didn't know it was "in their houses"   because i'm not techno savy.  it wasn't until my neighbor found out her nephew was tapping into her wifi that i learned what it really was.

Quoting sati769leigh:

Quoting mitch576:

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

means I TOTALLY AGREE

Quoting mitch576:

i don't know what ita means.

and... i use to think wifi was for everyone to use! lol  i didn't know it was "in their houses"   because i'm not techno savy.  it wasn't until my neighbor found out her nephew was tapping into her wifi that i learned what it really was.

Quoting sati769leigh:

Quoting mitch576:

southern_momof2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:44 AM
I don't really care what others have while on PA. I know we did everything we could do before going on PA. We shut off internet, cable and even sold our vehicle and moved to a cheaper house. I think most just like to see people try to help themselves before going on PA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM

You can't buy healthy organic food, but remember not to buy junk food either. Your food must have exactly the right balance of cheap and healthy. No one knows who determines what the balance is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)