Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they let you do what?????

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:49 AM
  • 26 Replies

this is my dds second week of school, (kindergarten) She says that she goes to lunch by herself with no other kid or teacher...... wtf.....I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth or not but I'm calling the school at 8 when the office is open! I'm a Lil frustrated cause i don't know who to believe, She said her teacher said that she doesn't feel like taking her, Well what about the other kids? where are they at when she "Supposedly" Is walking by herself to lunch? hmmm...... I just don't see them letting her walk alone to the lunch room for lunch, that just baffles me!!!!!!! What do you ladies think?                  *** I just called the school, they said that no class walks alone nor a student, When they leave the classroom they always have an adult with them, When they get off the bus, they are even walked to the lunch room, And they are walked to lunch with their teacher, Even 5th graders walk with the teacher!!!!***

Courtney

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Suri2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:51 AM
I'd flip out and be super pissed if it really happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneycra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 AM

yeah i am super pissed already!

Jadegirl1819

In our school the kindergarteners aren't allowed in the halls alone.  I think your DD is making up stories but you just never know, definately check into it.

southern_momof2
I really hope they don't do that. My son was in K last year and they all went together as a class. I would just ask about it, she may be telling you a story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Maybe it was a 1 time thing that she got held behind for some reason and had to go alone? 

courtneycra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

In our school the kindergarteners aren't allowed in the halls alone.  I think your DD is making up stories but you just never know, definately check into it.

It was so hard to tell if she was or not, Its like she was really adament about it, then she kept saying well...well... So I dont know but going to get to the bottom of it quick!

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM

I think this is probably your first kid in school... and you should be diplomatic and simply take your daughter to school and inquire about the schedule and process of taking them down to lunch.

Children yoru daughters age are often confused.

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

I would check to make sure, but it does sound like she's making up stories. My DD told me in pre-k that her teacher let her play on the roof! There's no telling what they will come up with.

Nyx7
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Sounds like there's some sleuthing to do! I'd want to know why your dd feels like she's going to lunch alone. Either she is, isn't & is lying about the whole thing, or isn't & feels alone. Does she have any friends to eat lunch w/? Maybe she's lonely & this is her way of telling you.

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Quoting courtneycra:

yeah i am super pissed already!

Great you're going to be one of THOSE parents..

geesssh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)