Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

landlords y do they

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:56 AM
  • 106 Replies
just kick u out instead of trying to work out some type of money arrangement with u? we have 7 kids and im prego and we got a 7 day eviction cuz we r behind a little on rent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:58 AM

It's a business, if you're late then thats all the reason they need. It is up to you if you know you need to be late to talk to them before actually falling behind.

wife.and.mommy

you must be a little more than "a little" behind on rent, and this cant be the 1st notice you have received.

landlords need to give you 30 days (unless specified in your lease) and you can fight it, by going through the courts.

Suri2010
I'm a landlord and ppl don't just get kicked out for being a little behind on rent.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nyx7

Apparently yours does! There are laws regarding how long you have to be behind & the legal process they have to go thru to evicte you but yes they can & you're only delaying the inevitable by fighting to stay. I suggest you get to packing & find some other place to live cuz when that eviction notice is up the cops will show to throw you out.

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Just because they give you a eviction notice does not mean you have to leave in that amount of time. They still have to go through the court process. Also if they are like TX then if you pay your rent the eviction notice is void. Look up your Tenants Rights and all the laws about eviction.

bjarrett
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:59 AM

B/c like us, they have probably been screwed over in the past, and unfortunately they can only let that happen so many times, before it will take them down. 

I'm sorry for the situation, but, it's not easy trying to be a landlord.  We are great landlords, and still get screwed. 

The bad eventually does ruin it for everyone...  8<(

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:00 AM
Ok I am not saying this to be mean or harsh- but well if they showed mercy on everyone who had a pity party, they probably wouldn't get rent most of the time.
And since when are seven day notices legal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrieasia
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM
idk. my landlords in the past were willing to work with me. i also called a week o two before my rent was due to let them know what was going on and i would need to be late, but that was years ago. i actually did that with my morgage company this past week, dh had emergency surgery and we dont have the money to pay it all right now. they were understanding as well. i learned people are more willing to help if they know before everything is due. if you told him before, maybe he is just an ass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zoeysmom09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:03 AM

BUMP!

MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:04 AM

It is up to them what they do and how but they have to follow procedure and you can petition the court to hold the eviction if you feel you were not given time to work with the landlord or if the landlord refused to work with you provided you were having open communication with the landlord before this started.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)