Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!!! At my wits end!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:13 AM
  • 19 Replies

My dd is sick.. like a cold runny nose sick... She gets colds a lot. All they tell me to do is give her benadry to ease her symptoms.. well last night she was exhausted so we figured she would sleep big. F-n wrong.. She woke up every 1 1/2 hours... Crying bc she was cold, she couldn't find her cup, the socks she wanted to wear(she is in love w/ my pink fluffy socks) weren't on her feet. Until finally she starts sitting in her bed screaming because she wants to get up...WTF... She know how to cover herself up. She knows how to put socks on and everything.... Her cup was on the stand next to her bed..... I am about to lose my damn mind. I am tired. Me and Dh switched off handling her but I wake up when she cries anyway.. It wasn't even crying crying more of a come and help me kind of cry. Then I get her up this morning I just pull the gate from her door and she is fine. No crying just playing. She has toys in her F-in room if she wanted to play why in the hell couldn't she have done it in her room. 

I am pregnant, I am getting a cold but I can't take anything I can take benadryl but  it makes me tired and running on like no sleep I will crash. And exhausted.... 

Don't bash me... i am tired.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Wow, really? She is sick for God's sake!

crazymama1008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:17 AM

She isn't acting very sick now so I am leaning towards her ass didnt' want to be in bed. She is now playing hapilly in her room. which she could have done. 

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

CafeMom Tickers

mommymelissa76
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

She's just cranky because she doesnt feel well. Maybe you guys could snuggle up for a nap together later.

Maggiemae4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Some kids respond to Benydryl like crack!  She may have been having a reaction to that!  Sorry you are tired.  Things will get better!

Forget-me-not
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM
:( I felt that way about my son yesterday. I'm sorry we all have moments where it seems they hate us. I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymama1008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I would love to snuggle. I am not mad at her. I am just frustrated. She is one of those kids where when she gets even the tiniest bit sick. She will either sleep or not sleep at all. She won't cuddle with me. She never has. She will lay down for a minute w/ and then leave. The only person in the world she will cuddle with is daddy. 

Quoting mommymelissa76:

She's just cranky because she doesnt feel well. Maybe you guys could snuggle up for a nap together later.

CafeMom Tickers

Nyx7

Sick kids suck! Make sure to nap when she does today & remember its not always like this, hang on & try not to sell her to the lowest bidder today :)

crazymama1008

I think that is what happened because she doesn't look tired AT ALL... I don't think she slept AT ALL..

Quoting Maggiemae4:

Some kids respond to Benydryl like crack!  She may have been having a reaction to that!  Sorry you are tired.  Things will get better!

CafeMom Tickers

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

HUGS

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

My kids never act sick when they are sick.  They still get down and play when the medicine is working.  When it wears off, then they come and want to sit on my lap.  My daughter was up all night the night before last.  I took her to the doctor, and she has strep.  She's still been down playing, allowing me to get a few things done.  Now, my boys are going to the doctor today, I think they have strep too, they are down playing, fighting with each other like normal. 

She probably didn't sleep well because she was stopped up and couldn't breathe.  It happens. 

Hope she gets to feeling better.  If you can take a nap when she does today. 

Quoting crazymama1008:

She isn't acting very sick now so I am leaning towards her ass didnt' want to be in bed. She is now playing hapilly in her room. which she could have done. 

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)