Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Renters Why Do They?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

Why do renters think the owner of the home they rent should think about how many children the renter has or if the renter is pregnant or not before they serve an eviction notice?

Will those things help the rent to be paid?

Will the money to make the mortgage payment magically appear if they think about those things?

Peace,
Kana

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out. ~ Richard Dawkins

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I don't think that.  I'm pretty well aware of how things work in the world.

wife.and.mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 AM

laughing

smurfiest
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I know. I worked in property management for a few years. People like to complain about their big meanie landlords, but the numbers of deadbeat, no good renters out there are staggering.

And if the renters don't care about their own kids enough to make sure that the rent is paid first, why should the landlord give a hoot?

CasandraFinlay
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:03 AM

It's business... nothing personal. If you live there, you should pay. If you can't pay, it's a business decision to evict and get a tenant who can pay.

What post are you referring to?

lilyrose73
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:04 AM
We had to rent out our home for awhile after we moved to a different state. What a PITA!! Our renters always had excuses or would ignore our calls when rent was due. I kept telling the lady "if you don't pay your rent I can't pay the mortgage. This house is not free!". Finally we booted them and sold it. We rent now and are never late, I don't understand it. I will never be a landlord again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Orchidmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Agree. If you cant afford to pay rent than stop having so many children to use them as an excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
key2ynot
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

*giggles*

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

do NOT get me started. i manage a converted house that is 3 apartments. i could write you a book on the things those tenants do that they woudl NEVER do to thier own property

SunShineMoMM
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I dont think they should have to, Its the renters responsiblity to the owner to pay Rent, and not trash the house/apartment. THATS ALL!

I really dont care if they have 5 or 6 kids, it wouldnt make a difference to me about me serving them with an eviction notice. They wanted to have kids..they need to take care of them not me!

Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I am a softie...If it was left to me ...My tenants would get away with paying as I would believe every sob story they told me...This is why I rent out through an agency....I don't ever have to deal with tenants...That rent is part of my counted upon income...and I have a mortgage to pay just like the renters have to pay rent....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)