Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child neglect? Oh well! PLEASE READ!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:41 AM
  • 28 Replies

Yesterday my best friend who works with me called the cops on a family.We work at Chili's as servers. I wasn't there, but was told about this by her and several other people, so yes, I don't know the whole story. Apparently the family seemed "white trash" to say the least. First off, both parents ordered LITs and ended up having two a piece. With them was a child no older than 2 years old who kept dipping their fingers in their LIT and licking them. They did not order any food for the child or ask for an extra plate and apparently several times the child said "eat" and tried to reach for food and their hand was smacked. In addition to this, every time the child would make any normal squeel, fuss, anything, the parents would tell it to shut the fuck up god damnit. They were there at least an hour and a half and even after they were done eating sat there and talked and were still being hateful to the child with no toys to play with, obviously hungry, and obviously bored. The child apparently was also dressed in a sweater and jeans and it was about 95 degrees out yesterday. My friend alerted the managers and then she called the police, along with management support. She also asked to remain anonymous. The police came, interviewed the family, and then interviewed my friend and our managers. They then said they couldn't do anything because it was anonymous. So she ended up telling them (in front of the table) that it was her that called. The entire time the family is playing it cool acting like everything is fine AND being sweet loving parents to their child. In the end, the police said since there was no real evidence there was nothing they could do and they literally told my friend and our managers that people have the right to do what they want to their children, their hands were tied. On this note, this same friend of mine had a fake DHS call made about her parenting by a ex-employee who was fired because of sexually harassing several of us (including her and i) and she had to deal with that shit for almost a year and is now suing him. There's Oklahoma for ya. WHAT THE FUCK.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:44 AM

:(  That makes me sad for that poor child.. I don't understand how people can treat their kids like that.

KandiceN
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What's an LIT?

peanutsmommy1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I would much rather someone call than not, they are stepping up to protect someone who can't protect themself

Brandy.B

Long Island Iced Tea

Quoting KandiceN:

What's an LIT?

sati769leigh

aghh i gotta tell you that they make me sick. but honestly as disgusting as thier behaviour was. it wasnt what child welfare usually steps in on from my experiences. its heinous , nasty, and not right. but ?

mistie900
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I agree

Quoting 1busymomma03:

:(  That makes me sad for that poor child.. I don't understand how people can treat their kids like that.

Nyx7
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I'd tell her to watch her back in the parking lot, some ppl get pretty upset when the cops & DHS get called.

scootermom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Quoting 1busymomma03:

cherib82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Why was he wearing a sweater, hum hiding bruises?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy.B
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM

That's true but I'm pretty sure she could hold her own. Not to mention when we leave we have to walk out in groups of 3.

Quoting Nyx7:

I'd tell her to watch her back in the parking lot, some ppl get pretty upset when the cops & DHS get called.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)