Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm throwing a baby shower for 7 women at one time! help!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

ok...dh was supposed to be the squad leader of the 7 pregnant females in his unit, but he finally got a hard copy of orders to deploy. before he got the orders, HE was supposed to be in charge of throwing them a baby shower! lmao, yeah right! 

anyway, his nco asked him if I would be willing to plan and coordinate the shower, and i agreed...most of the girls are having their babies in october and november, so i'll probably throw the shower the last week of september.

right now, i'm not really sure where to start and decided i'd come on here for help! afterall, i have thousands of women at my beck and call! lol, just kidding. but seriously. 

i need ideas for games, giveaways, etc. i know for sure i want to do that game where you guess what candy bar is in the diaper, and i have old diapers that don't fit dd anymore...and i've heard about some kind of toilet paper game where you guess how many squares it takes to wrap their belly...but i need more ideas for games, along with giveaways for the winners of the games...

thing is, i've NEVER had a baby shower...i've been to one, but it was right after my miscarriage, and that whole week is a complete blur in my mind, so i can't remember anything we did!

any suggestions would be awesome! TIA!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
xksmommy88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I think it may just be crazy to have all those hormones around lol. But seriously to get ideas when I threw one for BILS GF.. Google.. and Google. and Gooogle.. I do that for everything.. There are websites that'll come up that are all About babyshower ideas.. Themes.. From Cakes.. to food to games.. GL

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM

you could play guess the birth weight. like you have everyone guess how much the baby (or babies ) will be, everyone pays a dollar or two per guess and the one that comes closest wins the pot. (after the baby is born.)

ChokingDrama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Where are you having it? Wow all those preggos and then all the family and friends for each of those preggos and room for all the little snacks, and room for presents.. Are you renting out somewhere. Lol sorry im just nosy and curious myself

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM

well, from what i understand, it will just be the pregnant females and other females within the company/unit. i think only one girl has any family near here, but dh said they plan to keep this more of a "private army thing" is what he said....lol. so the most i have to plan for is about 15 people total, including my son and i. but yeah, the hormones should be awesome...

and i don't know what to bring to eat! maybe a big jar of pickles, a tub of icecream and some ketchup? lmao!

Quoting ChokingDrama:

Where are you having it? Wow all those preggos and then all the family and friends for each of those preggos and room for all the little snacks, and room for presents.. Are you renting out somewhere. Lol sorry im just nosy and curious myself

Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:04 AM

You get a tray with as many baby items on it.....show every one for 30 seconds or 1 minute ..I forget...then everyone writes down as many as they remember...the one with the most wins

...bottle..diaper pin...hair bow......baby spoon....bib...sippy...wipe....Desetin....teat...hat...gloves...diaper...bottle brush...hair brush (baby one)...baby book...paciy...socks...

Is all I can think of...LOL

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

WendyJR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Baby bingo (like reg bingo but with baby items) like a pp said google is your friend use it.
Food:cake, chips,pretzels, maybe a fruit/veggie tray. Drinks.
As for giveaways candles, picture frames, cute bracelets, gift cards, potted plants. Or you could make up little grab bags with fun stuff in them. Gl thats a lot of preggos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChokingDrama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:11 AM

finger sandwhiches are always fun.

Vegetable trays/Fruit trays

we had those itty bitty little cocktail sausages in barbeque sauce too..

chips... 

cake of course =)

This is all the snacky stuff we had at mine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)