Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sending my dd away!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  • 33 Replies
For 2 weeks. My mom is gonna come get her on the 15th. I am preg. Have had a migrane for a month. Having some insomnia. So it is needed. And I cant wait lol. Today so far she poured ds breakfast in the floor. THEN while i was cleaning she poured ds lotion out. THEN she drew on the fridge. She is almost 2 and WILD. Kinda a vent. Do you ever let your kids go with fam for short times? ESPECIALLY when your wore out? My family lives to far away for just a night on the weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegansmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Only overnight visits.  But my family lives 10 minutes away, I am not pregnant, & I can leave my DD in the same room with her crayons & she will only color on paper-not exactly a wild child (thank God!).  Do what you feel is best & I hope you feel better.

rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM

i couldnt send my 2 yr old away for two weeks..overnight is fine but not 2 weeks.

Jhadens-Mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM

my son went to go visit my mom 4 hours away for a week when my dd was almost due, but not because I was overwhelmed or anything she just had a week off and they wanted to see him. I thought i was going to enjoy it but it ended up driving me nuts, i was bored lonely and i missed my baby!

MegWorthington
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I normally send them for an over-night at their grandparents but no longer however it's perfectly understandable as you are pregnant and need time for yourself and less stress for the bub.

NotUrMama72
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Feel better soon mama!! 
Colton is only 14 months old and Im not pregnant (yet lol) but I'm sure it'd be nice. We went away for a weekend and left him with my inlaws but other then that it's been just a night here and there. Not a lot.  He's somewhat of a wild child too... He likes to get into everything! And climb everything!  

Relax and enjoy your break!!

amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM

If YOU are comfortable with sending her away for 2 wks... Go For It.

Enjoy the peace and quite, bc soon you'll have a newborn along with her...

lopez2388
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM

nope i wouldent

airforewifenmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Well my mom has been asking for her. She is only 43 and she SAH. Its not so much being overwhelmed as feeling like complete ass. Over nights are out.. . TO far. My mom usually comes here to visit but she has to get my step bro to school and watch him durin the week. Im sure i will miss dd but i REALLY need a break. DD LOVES granny and paw paw lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM

My daughter goes away every Feb vacation and one week in the summer to be with her grandmother. I think it is wonderful. she gets a world I can not give her when she goes with her. They have been doing it every year. She is now 12. Grandparents will not be around forever so she needs to get in as much time as she can now and remember them.

MamaOlivia
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Im pregnant and not feeling well at all but cannot imagine sending my 2 yr old away. He is driving me crazy too. Peeling lead paint off the walls, chasing the cat, defying me in every possible way. He has never been away from me for more then 1  night and I dont know if I could do two weeks. Plus, I live half way accross the country from family so I dont even have an option if I wanted to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)