Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions on this scripture

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM
  • 223 Replies
Im not quoting it word for word but it is Leviticus 18. It talks about how homosexuality is a sin. I personally agree. You can not be a true Christian if you are a homosexual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I don't think it is YOUR job to define a true Christian and I would think God would appreciate the fact that you would presume that is your job.

mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I don't think you have the RIGHT to determine who is a true Christian and who is not.

sh2991ba
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM

I am very religious, and I realize everyone has their own opinions.  Also, every denomination is different and views the bible differently.  One thing we can agree on though, is that God does not want you passing judgement on others.  It would probably be best to keep your nose out of other peoples business.  As a Christian, I focus on my family and I following the scriptures, not other people.  What they do and believe is their own business.  And I am not perfect, so I am sure not going to be the one to cast stones.

momintraining02
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Not a good way to start a post.....sounds judgemental and you will be bashed for it...I say this as a Christian...........you cannot define who is and isn't a Christian--that is not your job or anyone's.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Oh boy.

Well, I believe that because Jesus died for our sins, the acts listed in Leviticus can be forgiven.

In Leviticus 19 it states to not steal or cheat one another, to not spread gossip among your people, to seek revenge or bear a grudge, to not plant your field with mixed seed, to not wear clothing made of two different kinds of fabric, to not cut your hair or beards and so on and so forth.

So if any one person does this, does that mean they're not a true Christian?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Yes, I would agree it is a sin.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.

loverbugsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM
God hates homosexuals and if you truely have been saved by accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior then you would know not to commit such a big sin as it is clearly stated in the Bible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbldogdare
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM

All of us sin. So I guess that means that none of us are true Christians.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

Luke 6:41 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Romans 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of Go

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM

i wouldn't want to be a true christian if i had to be so judgemental...doesn't really set well with me

BubbaLuva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:18 AM

It says for men not to lay with men, as they would lay with women...personally, I think God (the Christian God) just wanted to clarify that the men who weren't fornicating with women couldn't have sex with men as a loop hole to his law. That's just me.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)