Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no idea what to say about that

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

My husband just called and said he got an email from a mutual friend that he is getting into a lot of trouble at work. Apparently the friend is getting charged with adultery and it came out of nowhere to us. We hung out with him and his wife a LOT and they always seemed fine he never gave off the dog vibes or anything like that. He said he was stressed at work and fighting a lot with his wife because of his hours and they were having problems having a child then a chick came in and told him what he needed to hear and BAM a one time thing but none the less something happened. Now he wants my husband to write a character reference for him which we have no problem doing but i don't know what if anything i should say to his wife who we were equally friends with....should i even bring it up? I mean we only talk threw email now because we both got moved but i am sure this entire situation has to be devastating for them as a couple.  Its just one of those really tender situations where i dont want to say the wrong thing but then if i don'tsay anything would i be a bad friend? Argh why did he have to be so freakin weak :( Its so sad really :(

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:27 AM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I wouldn't bring it up unless she does, no doubt she feels humiliated by the whole situation and perhaps she'd rather pretend no one else knows.

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Just be there.In this situation, I'd let her come to you as it might embarrass her for you to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)