Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unthinkable...6 year old dropped off 15 miles from home

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 67 Replies
First Grader Taken On Wrong Bus To Wrong City And Abandoned
A six-year-old boy was found stranded 15 miles from home. His mother tells Channel 6 News the boy was kicked off the bus at the end of the driver's route.
Posted: 4:20 PM Aug 30, 2010
Reporter: WOWT
Email Address: sixonline@wowt.com

width:200 and height: 120 and picwidth: 200 and pciheight: 120
Font Size:

A six-year-old boy was found stranded 15 miles from home. His mother tells Channel 6 News the boy was kicked off the bus at the end of the driver's route.

Bethanie O'Flaherty says her six-year-old son, Seth Foreman, was confused about which bus to take after school Friday. No one was around to ask, so he boarded the wrong bus.

The driver's final stop was a post office in Union, Nebraska. He allegedly kicked the first grader off, even though the little boy told the driver it wasn't his stop. The post office is 15 miles from the family's home.

A construction worker saw the little boy crying and called his mother, who picked him up. Bethanie O'Flaherty tells Channel 6 News she has pulled her son out of the Nebraska City School District.

The school calls the incident "unfortunate" and says it is reviewing its policy. However, officials refused to answer questions about whether the driver is still employed, calling it a personnel issue.

Bethanie O'Flaherty is looking for an attorney to see if she has recourse to sue the city.

This happened in my hometown. My 6 year old niece goes to school with the little boy! I just can't believe that in this day in age this could happen. What do you guys think should happen? Should his mom sue the school? Should the bus driver be brought up on charges?

Bethany, Super proud mommy of 1.5

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

The bus driver should certainly lose his job. And there isn't nay reason the mom shouldn't sue. People have sued for less. It seems like if she does nothing then the school will learn nothing form the incident.

DanielleK21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Wow yea I would be one P-ed off mom. Id be handing that schools a** to them on a silver platter.

Jhadens-Mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

That is horrible she should sue the heck out of them her son could have been kidnapped or killed!

ErikaM27
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I would sue as well. This is a child! The bus driver should lose his job.

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

He should have at least taken the kid back to the school.

Mami2Jahzi
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Review their policy? So leaving a kid stranded in the middle of no where is policy? WTF?

redmamaof5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM

wow have a heart. who would do that? when we were kids my aunt who was only a few years older then us had us board a bus to go to the mall, we got on the wrong bus (in OMAHA) and instead of going to the mall we were in the opposite side of the city. the driver then took us HOME all the way which was completly out of his route. so there are humans out there sometimes you have to dig!

kenziewenzie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM
That was pretty scary for that little boy. My son is 7 and the bus driver dropped him off at a school and didnt tell anyone either. My son was placed on the wrong bus and it took them 45 min to figure out where he was. That bus driver was fired. Hopefully thisone will be too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Unfortunate???? LOL If this was my son, they better have more to say than "Oh thats unfortunate"  I would beat the shit out of that bus driver for the trauma they put my son through.  I have a 6 year old and he would be TERRIFIED if this happened to him.  This is why I pick my kids up and drop them off... I dont trust these jerks SOME school districts hire to drive these buses. 

conweis
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I got on the wrong bus once and they took me back to school. That driver should lose his job.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

He should have at least taken the kid back to the school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)