Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the internet is better than doctors!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am fed up with doctors and I would be better off using web md to figure out whats wrong with me. When I started having seizures, I was told I was depressed. When I couldn't see out of one eye, I was told I had dry eyes. When I couldn't bend my knees without crying, I was told to stop running....after informing the doctor that I stopped running years ago.

5 years ago, I told my doctor that I have extreme thirst and he said to drink more. Now its gotten so bad that I get unbearable muscle aches when I go an hour without drinking a glass of water....and every morning when I wake up. I don't even feel like wasting my time making another appointment.

BTW...these were all different doctors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Wow hope you start feeling better soon!

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM
i know the feeling! I went to the er for nausea and diarriah and they told me i had a UTI. Well fast forward a few months. Now they think its IBS. I honestly think i have developed some kind of milk intolerance. Because i noticed i get nauseous when i drink milk... So i've cut out milk and have been feeling much better. Hope u start feeling better soon and get some answers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Sounds to me like you need to start interviewing your doctors.
You also need to see one doctor and address all the problems at one time. I understand they come up sporatically, but you need to stay with one doctor otherwise your always going to get what seems to be bogus answers. If they don't know the prior history of you, they will never look at your problems as a group of things.

Best of luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisabrenner
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:31 PM

hope you feel better, but the internet SUCKS, there is so much incorrect information out there, just be careful.

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Then you need to KEEP GING and DEMANDING answers!

Ever see the Nystery Diagnosis? You have to keep going to doctor after doctor until they diagnose you!

Sounds like the doctors you went to have gotten complacent. Complancy in medicine kills people

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)