Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my, my kids want to set up a lemonade stand.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

They're going to have their hearts broken though.We just don't have traffic in front of our house.

Which is better, for mom to tell them it's a waste of time....or to go sit out there and no have any customers?

And quite frankly I don't want to waste the 10 lemons it's going to take to make 2 pitchers of lemonade, lol.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
omgamomie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I would let them do it. Wait till the weekend. Maybe you will get more traffic.

FAskew
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:45 AM

We lived totally out of the way and every summer set up a stand. We just liked making the sign and the idea of running a "business" I say go for it!!!!!!!!

imthatgirl728
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM

No we literally have no traffic. Well maybe once a week someone might come down here thinking thinking they're going somewhere that they aren't lol.

FAskew, what do you tell the kids when no one comes by?

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Do you have a friend's house, or a family member's house you can go to for a few hours one day?

FAskew
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

No we literally have no traffic. Well maybe once a week someone might come down here thinking thinking they're going somewhere that they aren't lol.

FAskew, what do you tell the kids when no one comes by?

I would let them know ahead of time that they probably aren't going to get any customers, but that if they still really want to, they can. I think the little amount of business we DID get was because we probably looked pretty pathetic sitting at the end of our gravel driveway with no body else in sight, lol....

Lilypie - (7Jmu)Lilypie - (BIKr)

two4one
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 PM

That's what I was goingto suggest. My girls want to set up a stand too, but our road is too busy. So we are going to set up in front of my parents house. They live at a stop sign, it's a perfect location.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Do you have a friend's house, or a family member's house you can go to for a few hours one day?

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)