Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oxycontin

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM
  • 88 Replies

Anyone have personal experience with this drug? It is a pain pill that kids are now snorting and smoking and has become a huge problem here in Washington State. My brother is addicted and unfortunately has been for years. He has stolen from my parents and from me several times. I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience taking the drug or know anyone who has had a problem with it.  Thanks.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanielleK21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I know I get nauseous and itchy from it but that's it sorry.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM

My dad was on it, along with other pills for his Rheumatoid Arthritis. (spelling?) and Sjogren's Syndrome. My dad was very, very sick and in a lot of pain and it was those who snort it and sell it that made a dying Navy vet have to wait weeks to get his pills. In the VA no one could get their meds without THEIR doctor (or rheumatologist in my dad's case) in the building. Too many pills were being sold on the streets. I'm sorry, I just have nothing but anger for these people.

cypris420
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM

My mother is an addict, in the she can't function without it sense, not in the stealing and lying sense.  She takes so much Oxycontin and Roxicodone I can't believe she can walk.  She is under the care of a pain management doctor who really is just continuing her prescriptions without helping her form a plan to reduce her prescription.  She's actually in a really tough place right now because she wants to get off the drugs, but isn't finding support from her doctor.  We're all in this with her and support her as best we can. 

Beyond that, I don't have any first hand knowledge of a person "illegally addicted".  I'm sorry your brother and family are going through this.

thisloveofmine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM

It was my step dads drug of choice... :/

southernjess3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM

i hear that many many many people are addicted to that

MelissasMommy08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Both of my brother in laws go to pain clinics. They get all this pills snort smoke, and sell. Then buy back the pills. One of brother in laws is married his wife was on them. They lost there kids, jobs, family, friends, home pretty much everything. My bil is now out on prob for selling pills to a undercover cop. He is looking at 15years if he doesn't pass a drug test every week. They both have been clean for about a month and trying to get there life in order. They burnt to many bridges along the way we will see how it goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

It is a highly addictive drug and shouldnt be given by doctors IMO.There are other pain pills. These are dangerous! My brother had his first one in high school when he hurt his ankle playing basketball. His GF's Mom at the time gave him one.

ajjs1972

I dated a guy addicted to them and it was awful! I quit seeing him when he felt he had to move from ohio to FL to feed his habit. my cousin OD'd on them and layed in her apt for a week before any one found her. shit is bad news.

myangelnevaeh
i hate this drug with a passion. i had a friend who was addiccted to it n died at age 21 from an accidental overdose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greeneyedgrl88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM
My brother started w/ that but moved onto heroin, it's cheaper. I have no words of wisdom, it's an awful addiction!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)