Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can you sell to get off PA?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM
  • 52 Replies

What is with that question?

You DO realize that even selling something for $2,000 would last a few months right? PA is based on INCOME, not what you can sell that will last a few months. Many people have other bills they owe majorly on.

Just because someone is on PA doesn't mean they spend their money on "bad" things... and guess what... if someone who gets assistance wants to spend their money on something completely pointless like a pair of $200 jeans for their 4 month old who will outgrow them in a month... THAT IS THEIR BUSINESS!

If you're so pissed about people getting assistance then go to your state and lobby their laws.

Until then, stop harassing people for taking what is there to help. Less then 3% of your taxes go towards HELPING OTHER PEOPLE, the rest goes towards other pointless things. Like commercials and planting new flowers in the city park.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM

You should sell everything - clothes, furniture, purses, toys, cars, boats, hell even the house.  You need to do everything possible to stay off PA.  Just keep 1 outfit and wash it nightly.

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM

You could sell your vagina... over and over and over....

You might not want to report that income though. lol

-42-
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Duh, you're supposed to sell your soul to get off the PA and appease the CM Gods...

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

MamasaurusPrime
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Your soul.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:10 AM

dont we have ENOUGH threads on this already? what the hell ONE MORE

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Ooooh.... good idea. I could borrow the neighbors hose because I'd have to sell the washer right?

Quoting WifeyC:

You should sell everything - clothes, furniture, purses, toys, cars, boats, hell even the house.  You need to do everything possible to stay off PA.  Just keep 1 outfit and wash it nightly.

Phenomemom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Um...the only thing I have left to sell is my ass.

And that's not going to happen. LOL.

Jonas,Seth,Miles...my guys!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Absolutely.  They are already paying for your PA, might as well pay for the water too!!!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Ooooh.... good idea. I could borrow the neighbors hose because I'd have to sell the washer right?

Quoting WifeyC:

All4you
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM

OMG lay off the PA posts!

.kk.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I'm pro-PA so maybe this doesn't apply to me. I don't think people should have to sell all of their posessions, BUT I do think that selling what you can is a good idea.

I sold everything I could do without and made enough to keep me off of PA for 3 months. Then I had nothing left that I could do without so I applied for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)