Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 22 Replies

I know child support is different in every state but I was wondering if only after a yr the father could ask for it to be lowered? Is there a certain amount of time before they can request this motion?

Also I live in NC

Click the link to joins FRIENDS INC. A place to make good friends and win some prizes along the way! Tell them Maz sent you and you will be one step closer to some FANTABULOUS ppl!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajjs1972
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:18 AM

in ohio it is every three years for either party to ask for a reduction or increase. and it is a pain in the ass to get either done.

Motherof3inNJ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Quoting ajjs1972:

in ohio it is every three years for either party to ask for a reduction or increase. and it is a pain in the ass to get either done.

Same thing in New Jersey.

aj23
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I don't know about NC but here they can ask for it to be modified at any time and if you receive any kind of state assistance they automatically do a modification every 3 years. There has to be a 15%  difference in the amounts before they will modify it.

I'm in TN.

NicholasMama608
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Quoting ajjs1972:

and in VA

Photobucket
jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, I think that seems to be pretty normal for every state.

Quoting ajjs1972:

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Colorado is once a year.....and here the difference only has to be 10 percent

Mommyof3boys312
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Quoting ajjs1972:

I thought it was every 2 years in NJ(not sure), unless there is a drastic change like loss of job or whatever

BabyNamey.com Name Badge
babyfat5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:23 AM

You can ask for it to be modified as needed. I think the guideline is if you have had more than a 15% rise or drop in income. Problem is it takes like 6 mos for them to get to it.

Mommynwife26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Same in WA and NV my case is with both of the states.

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Quoting ajjs1972:

Cressida
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 AM

In IN my parents went every 6 months, and they could have increased/decreased it at any time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)