Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HPV Vaccine for males and females...PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

What are your opinions? I just heard this today while my 4 yr old was getting his vaccines and I am excited about it, I need to do some much needed research and I have plenty of time, boys need to be 9 to start the 3 dose series and I have a 7 and 4 yr old boys and 1 more boy on the way. I am excited bc I have HPV, I got it from my dh, who had a few sexual partners in high school so he got it from one of them and then I got it from him(he's been my only sexual partner). Whats scary for me is that he had it for years before he passed it to me and we never knew bc he had no symptoms and still hasn't had any, thankfully the strand he has was a mild one and my immune system was able to fight it off on its own, not every woman is so lucky and i think its great that they are trying to prevent this from spreading by making the vaccine available for males and females.

I truly would like your opinion and if you have found some great research on it please share that as well, i have 2 years to make an informed decision and I'd like to get started now bc i have friends that have boys that are old enough to start the vaccine and I'd like to share what info i fine with them.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
southernjess3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM

the female one caused to many reported problems. my kids wil not be getting it.

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM

i had two of the three shots then got pregnant so i didnt get the third . i didnt have any issues but im not sure if i will get it for my son...luckily that is a few years off for him so there should be plenty of studies on it by then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)