Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting stationed with your husband after AIT? Please help

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

I just have aquick question my husband is in basic training right now in the army and he will be goin to advanced in October he will be finished with advanced mid November. I just want to know how long it will be before My son and I can move with him after he has been stationed somewhere..? Whats the process of moving with him? Do we have to go through anything extra or are they going to allow us to move with him immediatly after he gets stationed?

Please help me i cant find any info on the web..thanks so much!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjk45xox
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 AM

BUMP! Best of luck Mama!

ebonyhope
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Thank you!! :)

Quoting jjk45xox:

BUMP! Best of luck Mama!

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 AM

As far as housing(on post) goes, there might be a waiting list, but if you are planning on staying off post, then you could find a place as soon as you know where you will be stationed at.

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

n_o71605
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:26 AM

This unless he gets stationed in Korea sometimes families can't follow there

Quoting jucyfrut:

As far as housing(on post) goes, there might be a waiting list, but if you are planning on staying off post, then you could find a place as soon as you know where you will be stationed at.

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM

as long as his orders to the base say accompanied then they will pay for you to move there. when he gets his orders call the base housing office for where you are going and ask if you can be put on the wait list before yall get there. he will go to the office that handles the move and give them his address and they will come out and pack everything up and as long as his orders are accompanied you should get plane tickets to him unless yall decide to drive there.

ebonyhope
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Awesome! Thank you guys!! I really hope he doesnt get stationed in Korea..that would stink :( but were planning to stay off Post if there is no waiting list we may stay on but im glad i can go as soon as i plan a place..

Quoting n_o71605:

This unless he gets stationed in Korea sometimes families can't follow there

Quoting jucyfrut:

ebonyhope
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM

THank you! he will get his orders in October right (during AIT)?

Quoting prego7386:

as long as his orders to the base say accompanied then they will pay for you to move there. when he gets his orders call the base housing office for where you are going and ask if you can be put on the wait list before yall get there. he will go to the office that handles the move and give them his address and they will come out and pack everything up and as long as his orders are accompanied you should get plane tickets to him unless yall decide to drive there.

MandiK
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM

You can move with him ASAP unless he's going to Korea or something. And they will pay for you to move. You just have to weigh all your stuff, and keep all receipts if you're moving yourself.

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Here is a bump.  I was dating my husband while he was in basic, so I don't know how it works for married families with children.

Hope you find some answers!

ebonyhope
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Thank you!

Quoting MandiK:

You can move with him ASAP unless he's going to Korea or something. And they will pay for you to move. You just have to weigh all your stuff, and keep all receipts if you're moving yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)