Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a question...no drama but please answer if you know.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know if TX has grandparents rights? I'm moving away from my daughters bio grandparents and am afraid they're gonna try somethin when they find out.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KME445
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:35 AM

In TX, grandparents can file.   They have to be able to prove that not seeing the child would result in significant impairment to the child's physical health or emotional well-being.

Here is the link to the statute.  GL

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.153.htm#153.432

Country_Momma89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Quoting KME445:

In TX, grandparents can file.   They have to be able to prove that not seeing the child would result in significant impairment to the child's physical health or emotional well-being.

Here is the link to the statute.  GL

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.153.htm#153.432

megannowinski8
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM
I don't know about tx but here where I live the only way a grandparent can try is if first off the child is born out of.wedlock and they mother or father of the child which ever is the child to the grandparent is holding the child and if its in the childs best intrest or if it will cause some.range to the.child if they don't see the grandparent... I hope that wasn't to cunfusing if so send me a message and ill explain better... I looked into grandparents right bc of my inlaws but bc their father and I are married they have no rights what so ever...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Thanks, I was never married to her bio father. He hasn't had anything to do with her and isn't even on her birth certificate. she's only 14 months so it won't affect her. 

Quoting megannowinski8:

I don't know about tx but here where I live the only way a grandparent can try is if first off the child is born out of.wedlock and they mother or father of the child which ever is the child to the grandparent is holding the child and if its in the childs best intrest or if it will cause some.range to the.child if they don't see the grandparent... I hope that wasn't to cunfusing if so send me a message and ill explain better... I looked into grandparents right bc of my inlaws but bc their father and I are married they have no rights what so ever...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)