Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that's just great! (kinda long)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

So a little back story first.  I met my DH when I was a Freshman in High School and he was a Senior, but he had a girlfriend.  This girl and him had been on again and off again (always at her volition) since they were in 7th grade - so for 6 years and they were only 18.  Well, I had my eye on dh but didn't make any moves until they were broken up which finally happened over Christmas break during his first year in college.  At that point I swooped in and got him and obviously never gave him up.  She thought this was going to be another "break up with him, have some fun, and then get back together with him" thing.  But while she was out having her fun dh fell in love with me and about 18 months later he proposed.  In the 10 months between our engagement and our marriage she was LIVID.  She would post things on her facebook about us (without names of course to be covert). She blogged about him and how she 'knew everything about him and it's hard to forget when you've loved somebody for so long".  She sent him e-mails saying that she knew him and that I must have been forcing him into the marriage because it's not something he would do (In fact I actually told him no the first time he asked me, lol, I told him we were too young.  He was very persistant).  She wanted to give him a gift - a cd - he refused it because this was in the midst of her doing all this other stuff so we never found out what was on it.  Well, we got married and this continued to a lesser and lesser degree over the 5 years that we've been married and in the last year or so nothing has happened.  Whew that's over, right?

Well,  I enrolled DD in the private Christian school for preschool this year and in the letter they sent home they talked about a couple new teachers they hired this summer. Well, their first and second grade teacher is none other than the ex-girlfriend's mom now, lol.  So in two years when Abby starts first grade she will have the ex's mom.  I really hope she doesn't hold any grudges against dh and I for breaking her daughter's heart and even more so I hope she doesn't ever take it out on Abby!  The ex girlfriend seems to have moved on(although she's not married or anything) but I know it's a little different when someone hurts your "baby", it's a little harder to forgive and forget!  I'm honestly not too worried about it, I doubt she'll ever do or say anything.  But dh and I have been joking that when Abby walks into her first day of first grade in a couple years the teacher will be like "Your last name is *****?  Oh, your mom is the whore that stole my daughter's boyfriend!" lol.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dbldogdare
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I would definitely go talk to the teacher before hand. Not say hey don't be mean to my daughter but go feel her out and make sure that your daughter isn't a shock to her when she shows up on the class roster. Act like an adult about it and hopefully she will too. :)

tylerjmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about..

MamaLub
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM
are there no other schools? it would just end up being trouble for you guys. stop that situation in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
I want to add that ex sounds psycho and if she visits her mom or her mom does hold a grudge, she will have daily access to your kid. i mean five years later???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EricaG87
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Yeah, I bet in the next two years we will see her in the hall and or something and she'll recognize dh and we can chat and it won't be a suprise.  The school is k-12 and onle has about 120-130 student total so it will be hard not to see eachother at some point before she actually has her in class.

Quoting dbldogdare:

I would definitely go talk to the teacher before hand. Not say hey don't be mean to my daughter but go feel her out and make sure that your daughter isn't a shock to her when she shows up on the class roster. Act like an adult about it and hopefully she will too. :)

EricaG87
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I agree.  And if there's ever an issue I'll just talk to the pastor/principal about it.

Quoting tylerjmommy:

I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about..

EricaG87
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Well, there are no other private schools and there are willing to be more careful of DD's peanut allergy than the public school, so it's worth it to send her there.

Quoting MamaLub:

are there no other schools? it would just end up being trouble for you guys. stop that situation in advance.

EricaG87
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Well, we haven't heard from her in over a year or so, so I''m hoping that she's over it.  And we'll have the next two years or so to feel the situation out.  I think she was very hurt, shocked and angry at first.  Dh is a really great guy and I think she realized that it would be really hard o find anyone as great as him.  I'd go a little psycho if I lost him too, lol.

Quoting MamaLub:

I want to add that ex sounds psycho and if she visits her mom or her mom does hold a grudge, she will have daily access to your kid. i mean five years later???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)