Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your pet is not your child!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
People have been domesticating animals and keeping them as pets for centuries, and there is nothing wrong with loving your pet as if it were a member of the family....because many return the affection. But for the life of me, I cannot understand how a mother could choose an animal over her own child..because thats exactly what you do when you keep a pet that has repeatedly attacked your child. Your pet is an animal, not your child...so please stop act like you are dealing with sibling rivalry!!

**Vent Over**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Logansmommy34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Amen! i cant stand it when ppl  treat their animals like their children. i know someone who is living in a house they cnt afford are 2 months behind on their rent almost three months and wont find something cheaper because they cnt find a place that will allow them to take their dogs... but they dont worry bout being homeless with their 3 yr old... makes no sense... they arent ppl they are animals

motherofzandz
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:46 PM
I agree not big on ppl treating animals like they are real children. I get loving your pets but wow some ppl go overboard in the long run they are animals not ppl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allurasmamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Thank You.

kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I love the misconception that people who don't treat their animals like their children are somehow mistreating them.  I love my dogs, but there's a line.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:48 PM

My dogs have never attacked anyone except when they want dog kisses and what some people call "attacks" is just a dog being rambunctious.

art.diva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM
I know a woman who cried that she couldn't keep her baby (her dog) when it bit her 8 month old so severly that he needed stitches

Quoting laranadtony:

My dogs have never attacked anyone except when they want dog kisses and what some people call "attacks" is just a dog being rambunctious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Funny story the other I saw a women pushing an older style stroller down the road.  Nothing strange about that except her small fat dog was the one riding in the stroller.

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM

This I will never understand. I love my dogs, but if either of them EVER got violent with my child, I would snap their necks myself.

Quoting art.diva:

I know a woman who cried that she couldn't keep her baby (her dog) when it bit her 8 month old so severly that he needed stitches

Quoting laranadtony:

Devious103102
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:13 PM

No, an animal is not a child.  The diff, a child (well, an older one) can speak up for itself and DO things for itself, animals are (for the most part) truly helpless and when you take in an animal you take it in KNOWING this, that it relies on you for damn near EVERYTHING (much like a child).  There is no choosing your pet OVER your child but if the pet "attacks" because of something the CHILD did to it then it's something that COULD have and SHOULD have been prevented by said parent WATCHING said child and there's NO REASON to kill an animal/give it away because of YOUR (general "your") mistake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)