Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EXCLUSIVE: Football Star Troy Polamalu’s Hair Now Insured for $1 Million This is some HAIR!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 28 Replies

Heads up NFL. Opposing teams had better mind the hair pulling–Head & Shoulders has taken out a $1 million Lloyds of London policy protecting their spokesperson, Pittsburgh Steelers’ Troy Polamalu’s famous ringlets. “It’s like J.Lo’s insured butt!” he jokes, comparing the famous urban legend surrounding the singer’s derriere to learning about his own very real insurance policy. The beauty brand has reason to keep Troy’s 35″ tresses under lock and key: Women and men across America are desperate for the secret to those Samoan curls, with some of his manliest teammates even trying to score the secret. “One guy in particular… is stealing all of my Head & Shoulder products,” he laughs. Taking 45 minutes pregame to care for his hair has become a ritual for the all-pro safety, who explains, “It’s correlated to what a warrior in the past would do to prepare for war. You have the Mongolians, the Japanese Samurai, the Spartans–all of these warriors with long hair…and in that way you can almost get into the mind-way, preparing for some type of battle when you are doing your hair.” After eight years without so much as a trim, would Troy ever consider cutting his signature locks? “With this big hair insurance–I don’t think so!” he says. –Katherine Kluznik Rentmeester

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM

hope he's not the victim of a drive by shearing!  haha! 

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

How the hell does he keep his helmet on ???

ecasrev
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM

LOL...He looks like a lion!

ecasrev
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Quoting momofhnd:

I did'nt even think about that! Seems like he would have to have a special made helmet.

elle7777
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I think his hair looks silly...I went to school with him back in the day and he looked more attractive with short hair.

ashmarie08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM

i <3 troy to pieces. haha

but i honestly never knew his hair was that big!

scootermom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Quoting momofhnd:

Wow!

Kristanna
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Damn that is a lot of hair. Seems like it would be a huge hassle trying to play football with that mess on your head!

ecasrev

I bet he goes through a ton of shampoo and conditioner....

HadleyAzure

LOL I have hair like that and no one wants mine. His hair is bigger than mine though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)