Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Modeling Agency?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I really want to get our baby girl into modeling. We just can't seem to find an agency, or even a legit photo contest. Does anyone model their baby or have any ideas where to start with the process?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

are you near any major cities?  that'd be my first guess. 

NickiNavarro
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I don't model my children, but I did some modeling as a teen. You have to live with in one hour of a major city, preferably LA, Chicago, or New York. You should start with a portfolio (some head shots at the very least) Before you get started you should also determine if your child's temperament is right for modeling. The schedules are crazy, and eating and nap time are not guaranteed. Also auditions have long wait times and you usually get just a few hours notice, if you are lucky. Once you have a portfolio you can either get your child an agent, or shop the modeling agencies yourself. Stewart Modeling Agency specializes in kids, character actors, TV, and commercials.

Biz1985
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Don't sign her up for any agency that requires classes or money from you- Those are scams.

My husband is an actor with Pastorini & Bosby.  They call him frequently for auditions and there were no required classes or anything that he had to do.  They also do modeling, so you may look into them if there is one close enough to you.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:00 PM

You should ask in the

KIDS MODELING INDUSTRY

Baby Models & Actors

groups!

ClickingMad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Google local casting agencys in your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)