Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candy is always available to my child.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:08 PM
  • 58 Replies

I keep four jars of candy on a kitchen countertop. My DD knows that she can help herself, but guess what? She doesn't touch it, and never asks for it at the store, either.

I have a weird kid. My DH doesn't touch it, either; maybe she got it from him.

I believe everything in moderation, and denial of goodies can lead to cravings and hoarding. So far it works for us.

How about you?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greeneyedgrl88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM
Same here, my kid don't want stuff he CAN have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM

dd isn't into candy like that and neither am I. I have the kid that will ask for some grapes or an apple over a piece of candy.

I_never_regret
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM

my son will eat candy.. but normally he doesn't .  We let him have sips off of our cans of soda.. but  he doesn't want it all the time.. My kid likes Salads over anything.. lol

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM
we always have candy or sugar free gum around too. My dd will have one or two and carry on. And she knows the brush after!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I do not believe candy is the devil.  Or sugar.  Or soda/ Kool Aid/ Juice.

If your method works in your house, that is all that matters.

I tend to just bring in candy that we eat and then no more until I bring more in.  (I eat too much candy if I have access to it.  LOL!!)

ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM

We have plenty of candy in the house, but ds doesn't really try to eat any....unless it's his potty treats, and then he'll take off running with them.

eyeheartsin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM

how old is your DD? is she your only child?

tinamswank

my kids are the same way but I also don't leave it out for them to get whenever they want I just don't really make a big deal out of it and they don't ask for it :0)

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Awww my kid loves salad too!! She's 3 and calls them flowers hahah but its more like flahwas

Quoting I_never_regret:

my son will eat candy.. but normally he doesn't .  We let him have sips off of our cans of soda.. but  he doesn't want it all the time.. My kid likes Salads over anything.. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymomof1
i have a weird child too. My ds2 does not like chocolate and sweets. Everytime we give the boys cookies, icecream or other sweets he takes 2 or 3 bites and is done. He prefers veggies and fruit. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)