Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help from all of you wonderful cooks!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just got word that SO will get out of work early and we will have a few minutes to eat dinner together before I have to leave for work. I want to make him a nice meal, but I'm not sure if I have time. See, I want to make him a London Broil but it's frozen. I have about 3 hours to get it thawed, cooked, and on the table before he will get home. Anyone able to give me instructions on how to do it in that time? Also, I want to make a gravy from the drippings so if you can think of a way to make sure I have drippings that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Gummy bears are chasing me, one is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe, now I'm running for my life, 'cuz the red one has a knife.

PS: Bash my opinion if you like, I don't return to "Hot Topic" posts after having my say anyway.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
anetrnlov
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Thinking....

anetrnlov
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Every recipe I have has a marinade time of 5 hours to overnight...sorry.  :-(

mom2mandjax
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Thanks anyway :(

mehere123
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I did this the  other day. I put the meat in a pan and all the seasonings and put a can of beef broth on it then left it on high with a lid on and added more broth if needed then just checked it every so often. I turned the heat down to med after about 30 mins. It cooked with an hour and half and it was really tender and there was enough broth and drippings left to make gravy too

anetrnlov
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Set it out for tomorrow?  Cook it early and then he can warm it up?

I am sure either way he will appreciate the thought.  :-)

Jessand2boys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:21 PM

london broils take a while. they do better in a marinade. My grandma said that you could try beating it to get it real tender.. put some seasoning on it and throw it on the grill.. she said you want to beat it real good though.

only takes 15 to 20 minutes on the grill depending on the size.

I am not sure how this method will turn out. i normally marinate mine over night in dark beer.. and some seasoning.. turns out yummy and tender

mom2mandjax
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Did you cook it from frozen though or was it already thawed?

Quoting mehere123:

I did this the  other day. I put the meat in a pan and all the seasonings and put a can of beef broth on it then left it on high with a lid on and added more broth if needed then just checked it every so often. I turned the heat down to med after about 30 mins. It cooked with an hour and half and it was really tender and there was enough broth and drippings left to make gravy too

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Gummy bears are chasing me, one is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe, now I'm running for my life, 'cuz the red one has a knife.

PS: Bash my opinion if you like, I don't return to "Hot Topic" posts after having my say anyway.

mehere123
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Frozen....I wasnt sure if it would work but I figured it was worth a try and it worked

Quoting mom2mandjax:

Did you cook it from frozen though or was it already thawed?

Quoting mehere123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)