Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do for dinner when...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 28 Replies

You and DH have worked all day and kids have activities at night?

DH used to be my bitch...lol....no, he was laid off of work and recently went back. I got spoiled by him having dinner ready most nights! Anyways, we both work full time, I get home around 4:30 and him at 5. My DS has football from 5:30 to 7:30 and DD has cheerleading the same time. We also have a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I don't want to go back to McDonald's or pizza every nite, but between work and the kids schedules dinner prep is the last thing on my mind.

So, what sort of meals do you ladies make that don't require much prep and are tasty?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angellove29115
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 PM

crockpot can be your best friend here.

If you can on the weekends prepare some extra meals and put in the freezer and pull out in the morning and stick it in the oven. 

katandjohnmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM

My crockpot is my best friend on those nights.

Theres a group on here that has lots of recipes.

And on the week-ends is when I make my big meals.

omgamomie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Crockpot! I only work part-time a few  days a week, but there are some days when I work an entire day so I use the crockpot on those days.

AngieDawn28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

AngieDawn28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I'll have to dig my crock pot out then :) I've only ever made roasts or sloppy joe in mine, guess I'll have to look for some recipes.

snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:25 PM

lol I was going to say order a pizza xD

purplemoosemom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I make things that are quick and easy--tacos, sloppy joes, spaghetti, etc.   Make things that can be reheated for the older kids after practices.  Use your crock pot!  Make freezer meals and thaw and bake them/reheat them.  If you want specific ideas, let me know :)

inspain
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Pick up Lebanese or Indian.  A sack full of samosas is the answer to most problems.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I prepare a meal ahead of time, the crock pot on Tuesday night is my best friend!

blessedwboysx3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM

We do a lot of different things.  The crockpot is a great friend of ours too, you can prep it the night before or the morning of.  We also do just quick things occassionally like soup, sandwiches, salad, frozen pizza...we don't always have to eat large dinners.  My kids are happy with a salad and ranch dressing.  Quick meals like spaghetti or tacos are easy and take about 15 minutes.

The draw back for us is no one is really home until about 8:30 or 9 so I try to keep meals small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)