Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We felt so bad.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

My cousin just left for college, and honestly Im so proud of him. He's such a nice guy and he does everything to help his parents out.....gave them money all the time, denied going to colleges due to the fact that he was scared they couldnt make it financially, so he stayed back and worked to give them money. They take money from all their children. His own mom wants him to drop out of college b/c she wants him back home....what type of mother are you? He gave them his last check from his one job, and it was 65 dollars....she had the nerve to say it wasnt enough. We found out today he was on the phone crying b/c he doesnt think he'll be able to pay of his books in 2 months for school, otherwise he'll get hit with interest big time....So his mom or anyone in his family could care less. My mom told me all of this today. My DF said to me today "we should help him out" So i called him up, asked him how much he owed.....the poor kid doesnt even have a book that he needs yet. We told him we wanted to help him out and he asked us why. I simply told him "because you always help others and nobody ever wants to help you, so its time someone does".....He ended up having to hang up b/c he was crying, text me and said "Thank you so much, I had to hang up b/c i was crying". I told him no problem. He has one paycheck coming to him yet and he's using it all towards his books, so we are giving him 100 this weekend towards his books, and occasionally putting money in his account, and not allowing his parents to know. He's trying to better himself and I'd like to make sure he completes college.....

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 PM

That is awesome of you and your DF to help the kid out. I'd do the same in that position. Shame on his mother for doing that to him.

sam12796
by Sandy on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:23 PM
You are his angel way to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scootermom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Quoting mama2KiraEthan:

That is awesome of you and your DF to help the kid out. I'd do the same in that position. Shame on his mother for doing that to him.

harvgal04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Thank you ladies.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)