Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bachlorette Party

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a question for anyone that has stood up in a wedding or even your own bachlorette party.

Let's say one of your bridesmaids is planning a bachlorette party & one of the other bridesmaids says that she can't go because they are going away for the party ($ issue) instead of staying semi local, would you go on with the bachlorette party or would you say in the beginning I want all my bridesmaids there no matter what?!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM

That's a tough question. I'd probably prefer everyone to be there, and with the economoy I wouldn't want to put anyone out..afterall they are paying for the bride also.  But I think I'd like going away too.

EddiesMommy712
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I would want all my bridesmaids there, but you also have to take into acct what people can afford, they are already paying so much to be in the wedding, you can't expect them to shell out to go out of town too.  Why is it not being held local, if I may ask?

Jazzysmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Well I wanted to write this post semi-vague to see what answers I got. But I am standing in a wedding this Oct & am 1 of 7 bridemaids. The one bridesmaid (we'll call her "A")that is putting together the bachlorette party just got married & I am kind of thinking she is trying to live her bachlorette party vicariously through the one that is getting married in Oct b/c for hers they stayed in the area & her now husband went to Vegas! (I am the only one standing in the wedding that is NOT friends with the rest of the bridesmaids.) When "A" first sent out the email about the bachlorette party our choices were:

Vegas: $500/person
Atlantic City: $400/person
Orlando: $250/person
Atlanta: $300/person
Chicago: $150/ person
Miami: $400/person
And "A" thought it would be the greatest to go over Labor Day weekend! Well the final vote was to go to Chicago (& they're going to spend more than $150) although I said that I would not be able to attend if they went to any of these places. When I said that I wouldn't be able to attend I was basically just swept under the rug by "A". It was all suppose to be kept a semi surprise for the bride, but "A" went to the bride & told her the situation & the bride txt'd me & said "I would really love to have you there. It sucks that you can't make it, but I think Chicago would be really fun too!" Originally there were two of us not going to Chicago & now I'm the only one. I think that if she really wanted me there, she would have said something to "A" to change the plans. I know it's her wedding & all that crap, but at the same time I think people are being totally rude here! Or maybe it's just me? Idk. I put off ordering my dress until the last minute because I was really contemplating dropping out of the wedding & sometimes I really wish I would have. :/
Jazzysmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I mean I was talking to my bf about this last night & said that if we were getting married the first thing I would say to any of my bridesmaids is "I want everyone there, no matter what we do!" And he completely agreed w/me!

HotMommaStout
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:52 PM
I think the bride is being a jerk. I would do whatever I could to make sure everyone could go if it was my party. I feel like the other bridesmaids are purposefully trying to exclude you because you aren't one of their clique...if I was the bride I wouldn't put up with that from them. On the other hand if I really cared for the bride as a true friend, I would do whatever I could to be there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amomynous_j
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM

my SIL had two 'events'. those that could, went to vegas for a weekend. only 3 out of the 6 girls standing up (including the bride) could make it.

then there was a local night out on the town where everyone made it, and people who weren't a part of the wedding party were invited as well, like myself.

massteria
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM

If she can't make it, she can't make it.  Go out and have fun :)

NickiNavarro
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I didn't have bridesmaids...sorry. But here's a bump for you.

Jazzysmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

When we are almost living paycheck to paycheck it, I don't think there is anything else that I could do to be there. Thankfully my bf just started a better job, but unfortunately not in time where it's going to matter. I have been searching for a job now for a couple months, but really my state sucks!

Quoting HotMommaStout:

I think the bride is being a jerk. I would do whatever I could to make sure everyone could go if it was my party. I feel like the other bridesmaids are purposefully trying to exclude you because you aren't one of their clique...if I was the bride I wouldn't put up with that from them. On the other hand if I really cared for the bride as a true friend, I would do whatever I could to be there...

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Jazzysmomma
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM
bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)