Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a bad night! (long piog)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

My ex asked me yesterday if i could bring the kids by to see him after I got them off the bus. I told him it would be no problem we would be there. While I am at the busstop waiting for them he sends me a txt message saying "Thanks for bringing the kids by" So i txted him back saying i was still at the busstop i would be there when the kids got off. He threw a fit and said if my gf was up there I was in trouble so jokingly i said yeah she's here thats why we're comming to see you. so he comes up to the busstop and of course Jesse wasn't there and he starts screaming at me in front of everyone, he was drunk. my kids then get off the bus and i tell them to get in the car, he then grabs my girls and tells them to get into his van and he takes them so of course i get me and my son in the car and head to his house to get my girls from him. as soon as i get into the house he starts screaming in my face in front of the kids calling me horrible things tells my kids i am nothing but a worthless whore and that i don't care about them like i do my gf. he walks over by the back door and i follow him so he elboes me in the nose and while the kids didn't see that they see me hit him in the back. I tell my kids come on guys lets go and he tells them to stay, they then tell me they don't wanna go with me they wanna stay with daddy. i tell them no daddy has been drinking and he needs to go to bed they have to go with me so after 45mins of fighting with him and my children we finally get in the car and drive away. my ex then starts calling me and yelling at me telling me i hit him for no reason and this is all my fault and i am a horrible mom and i can't do anything right.

i'm sorry i just needed to get this off my chest. I feel so horrible right now, maybe if my kids don't want to be with me i should just give them to him and be done with it. I feel like a horrible failure, I think they would be better off without me.

I am not looking to be bashed for anything i just need to vent a little and get things off my chest.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM

BUMP!

creneep83
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM

You're not a horrible mom, you just wondering what's best for your children! You don't want them to see you two fighting all the time...

jballentine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM

i just don't know how to handle the kids and him situation anymore. i feel like no matter what i do it's a losing battle

Quoting creneep83:

You're not a horrible mom, you just wondering what's best for your children! You don't want them to see you two fighting all the time...

YvonnesMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:52 PM
I would never leave my girls with a drunk, no matter the relation. I think I would take him back to court for full custody. But that's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Just advice, you should have called the police when he was driving drunk... He put your daughters in danger and everyone else..

Ignore the phone calls when he starts screaming, hang up!!

I'm sorry you have to deal with that hun..

SamMichelle88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Don't give your kids to him! If he is treating you like that, he will treat them the same, if not worse. I know its hard, but you have to be the best you can for your kids. You should probably get a restraining order or something. If he was drunk, cussing you out, and driving drunk with your kids in the car in front of other people, you shouldn't have a problem keeping your kids away from him & safe.

amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I think obviously the major part of your problem is stress.

Can you take the kids there and drop them off, and then go back and pick em' up? This way you won't have to see nor talk to him... Might be easier on everyone else...

As far as the kids wanting to stay with him... Don't get down about it.. It's their dad. I'm sure they don't fully realize WHO he is. They see him as someone they look up to, etc.

Quoting jballentine:i just don't know how to handle the kids and him situation anymore. i feel like no matter what i do it's a losing battle

jballentine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I didn't leave them he took them and i immediately went to get them from him. he shouldn't have even tried to take them.

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

I would never leave my girls with a drunk, no matter the relation. I think I would take him back to court for full custody. But that's just me.

jballentine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I am stressed 99.9% of the time. and that is normally what i do but after i realized he was drunk i didn't want him to have them at all. and thank you for your kind words

Quoting amber_1024:

I think obviously the major part of your problem is stress.

Can you take the kids there and drop them off, and then go back and pick em' up? This way you won't have to see nor talk to him... Might be easier on everyone else...

As far as the kids wanting to stay with him... Don't get down about it.. It's their dad. I'm sure they don't fully realize WHO he is. They see him as someone they look up to, etc.

Quoting jballentine:i just don't know how to handle the kids and him situation anymore. i feel like no matter what i do it's a losing battle

amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Sounds like its a very stressful situation...
I wouldn't have left my child with a drunk either... IF and hopefully there isn't.. but if next time he's drunk and pulls the same shit again, call the cops... Don't stand around listening to him spew bull.. You nor your kids deserve to listen to that.
Keep your head up, you'll get through this!

Quoting jballentine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)