Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Winter shopping

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

When do you start buying your LO's winter clothes? This will be my DD's first "real" winter. Last year she was only a few months old, so we stayed inside for most of the harsh weather. She's 17 almost 18 mo and I know that when she sees the leaves change and then the snow, she'll be dying to go outside and play. When should I buy things like, boots, a new snowsuit, mittens, etc. I'm asking because here (in upstate ny) our winters start a lot sooner than we think, so some of the stores are already selling winter clothes. I just don't want to stock up on stuff and she has a growth spurt and can't wear anything.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadeesmommy0120
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I'm in the same boat!  So here's a bump!

YvonnesMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM
Our winter clothes are out already too, here in wi. This will be my second winter that my daughter is big enough to play outside. Here's a bump... I will be following ur post to get more info too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Im in Florida.. lol. Enough said.

Although last year was the coldest winter in a LONG time.. He has enough long sleeved shirts and long jeans and a jacket that'll be fine.

piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Wow, I thought we were the only ones that had winter clothes out so soon..lol. I can't wait for the cold weather. Fall is my favorite season. I love all the colors and the crisp air. It always puts me in a better mood..at least for a few months..lmao.

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

Our winter clothes are out already too, here in wi. This will be my second winter that my daughter is big enough to play outside. Here's a bump... I will be following ur post to get more info too.

Jeni_lea
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM
When the stores start putting it out I tend to start looking and getting a little at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM

In Colorado I always bought clothes the season before when everything is on clearance, I would get the winter stuff in may and use it that Sept and then get the summer stuff for the following year in Aug and use it in Apr/may.. We just moved to Texas though and I wasn't sure what the winter would be like so they have nothing for this winter;-( I will start when the weather starts too cool.. Maybe the end of next month.. its still close to or over a 100 now so we have some time.

erica

in love7/8/04   toddler boyCj 6/11/06  toddler girlEmme 7/12/08

Lilypie - (tzu5)

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

get her snow suit asap!! Stores run out fast lol.. I bought most of my sons' winter clothes during last year's sales... But I am not one ot take advice from lol I am a clothes whore and end up giving away most of his clothes..

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I usually buy winter 'gear' on sale in the summer.  BUT i buy her winter clothes about now, so i know they will fit.  She's 3 & only wears a 24 months or 2T.  So i have a hard time buying clothes a year ahead, b/c i dont really know what size she will wear.

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

you could hit up some labor day sales on Sunday & monday.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I am also a WI momma!! Not from here tho.. Gets soooo cold!! i will never get used to the temperatures..  I am from Indiana not so far away where you would realise the difference in the winters! brrrr

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)