Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POISON IN YOUR TAP WATER!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/fluoride_study_finds_horror_stories_factual.htm

In 2005, a study conducted at the Harvard School of Dental Health found that fluoride in tap water directly contributes to causing bone cancer in young boys.

"New American research suggests that boys exposed to fluoride between the ages of five and 10 will suffer an increased rate of osteosarcoma - bone cancer - between the ages of 10 and 19," according to a London Observer article about the study.

Based on the findings of the study, the respected Environmental Working Group lobbied to have fluoride in tap water be added to the US government's classified list of substances known or anticipated to cause cancer in humans.

Cancer rates in the U.S. have skyrocketed with one in three people now contracting the disease at some stage in their life.

The link to bone cancer has also been discovered by other scientists, but a controversy ensued after it emerged that Harvard Professor Chester Douglass, who downplayed the connection in his final report, was in fact editor-in-chief of The Colgate Oral Health Report, a quarterly newsletter funded by Colgate-Palmolive Co., which makes fluoridated toothpaste.

An August 2006 Chinese study found that fluoride in drinking water damages children's liver and kidney functions.

FACTS ABOUT FLUORIDE

- Fluoride is a waste by-product of the fertilizer and aluminum industry and it's also a Part II Poison under the UK Poisons Act 1972.

- Fluoride is one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin nerve gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUoride).

- USAF Major George R. Jordan testified before Un-American Activity committees of Congress in the 1950's that in his post as U.S.-Soviet liaison officer, the Soviets openly admitted to "Using the fluoride in the water supplies in their concentration camps, to make the prisoners stupid, docile, and subservient."

- The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children's teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission. ( Ref. book: "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" by Joseph Borkin .)

- 97% of western Europe has rejected fluoridated water due to the known health risks, however 10% of Britons drink it and the UK government is trying to fast track the fluoridation of the entire country's water supply.

- In Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg fluoridation of water was rejected because it was classified as compulsive medication against the subject's will and therefore violated fundamental human rights.

- In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.

- Sources of fluoride include: fluoride dental products, fluoride pe sticides, fluoridated pharmaceuticals, processed foods made with fluoridated water, and tea.

Click the link below to read the Material Safety Data Sheet on Sodium Fluoride and find out how toxic this chemical admittedly is

http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Sodium_fluoride-9927595

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeAnaR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

LeAnaR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:08 PM

BUMP!

cookie_spice
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:08 PM

We get a letter every month for the last year. say oh we'll get to the water problem next month next month next month. Your water has way to much arsenic in the water. I tell you to look for bumps and lesions. Nice huh? We bath, drink, swim, and wash our clothes in that water. They will still charge you out the butt for it though.  We cant make changes to this house because we rent though a real estate company. The home owner havent responded to any of our requests.

I cant wait 4 more months til we are out of this cesspool.

LeAnaR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Quoting cookie_spice:

We get a letter every month for the last year. say oh we'll get to the water problem next month next month next month. Your water has way to much arsenic in the water. I tell you to look for bumps and lesions. Nice huh? We bath, drink, swim, and wash our clothes in that water. They will still charge you out the butt for it though.  We cant make changes to this house because we rent though a real estate company. The home owner havent responded to any of our requests.

I cant wait 4 more months til we are out of this cesspool.

That is awful! Have you thought about maybe getting together as a community and going to one of the water board meetings to demand a change? It happened in a city in Kansas over the flouride. The people had had enough and they came together, and the water company FINALLY removed the flouride. Sometimes, and in cases like this, power works in groups. That way you are changing it as a whole not just for your house but as a community together. i am sure your not the only one in your community pissed about it and for good reason. Wishing you all the best honey cause that really is sad that they are doing that.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

You do realize this is from 2005 and its almost 2011 right?

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Can't be worse than the tons of lime in our water.It tastes like metal if we don't boil it!

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

lady_kira
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Our water has arsenic in it too, my mom wrote a letter to whoever deals with that once and the only thing they did was raise the allowable amount of arsenic levels on paper.

I'm not sure about fluoride.

AidersMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM
I would say the effects are still relevant.

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeAnaR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Yep and sadly flouride is still in peoples water :(

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

LeAnaR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Ewww sorry to hear about the lime :( But the bad thing is, you cant get rid of flouride by boiling it. It only concentrates it and makes it worse. You would have to get a whole reverse osmosis filter on your home to get rid of it, or you can take action as a community and go to your local water board meeting and demand a change.

Quoting laranadtony:

Can't be worse than the tons of lime in our water.It tastes like metal if we don't boil it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)