Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do your kids do...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
In the car for long drives? We are headed up to see daddy for his Military Police Graduation for the army. It is up in MO and we are from FL. We are on hour number 11 and have 5 more to do, they have been fantastic. They are four and two. But basically I am bored, so how do your kids do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hamptonj
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Not to good!! Wish I had kids like yours

imthatgirl728
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Awesome actually. We drove 24hours from Boston to Orlando. We drove straight through and the kids were great.

We're looking forward to doing it again.

MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

We took one trip with everyone and my 4yo son didn't go to the bathroom all the way and we had to make an emergency stop on the side of the road.  My hands, my shoes, his shirt, his pants, his shoes.........uuuggghhhhh.  Next time I'm taking him to the bathroom and not his brother!  I barely got his pants unbuttoned and he was shooting everywhere LOL.

sumhchik
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Hey! Tell him congrats from me! I graduated MP from there too a few years ago.

As for your drive...I put the radio and sing my heart out! lol Maybe come up with my own song and have DD sing along with me. She usually does well for long rides...she is 3 now.

Kaelaasmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:34 PM

We drove out to Ohio from New York (about 12 hours) earlier this summer. We brought my laptop to play movies, and my daughter did very well.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

CarterMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:36 PM

they actually all do really well. we have a dvd player so we turn on movies and we pack coloring things and stuff for them if they want and some toys they can play with... they get snacks to keep their tummy's full between meals too... we took a trip to cali from tx last year and will again next year too

Pregnancy Ticker

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I have made that drive too many times to count! FL to Mo, Ga to Mo, Ga to Ky, Ky to FL. My oldest has always done really good on road trips. My younges will sleep the first half then the second half she is a tyrant! We have to deal with screaming the last 5-10 hrs everytime :(

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Haha, well apparently car rides are their forte... taking picures to bring up to daddy, not so much. LoL!

Quoting hamptonj:

Not to good!! Wish I had kids like yours

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)