Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those in San DIego...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm looking to put my 2 year old into preschool and am having a hard time finding out much in the way of good, but cheap ones.  We're only looking for 2-3 days a week and only half days.  We can't afford much and, though we're military, don't qualify or financial aid because I'm not working as well (doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is).  Can anyone give me advice about where there are good preschools that do more that a bunch of play time and arts and crafts?  I want him to get at least a little of the basics like letters and numbers and such.  Help?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Do they have any good franchised day cares, like Learning Tree there?

dychemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Do they have any good franchised day cares, like Learning Tree there?

I have no idea.  There's a million of them, but they either start at 3 years, require potty trained kids, go all day only, or they're hundreds of dollars a month.  Or any combination of those things.

stressedmomma13
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I don't get it. If you are not working, then why don't YOU work with your son? My DD knew all her ABC's, colors, shapes, animals, etc before she was even 2 y/o because I worked with her.

dychemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting stressedmomma13:

I don't get it. If you are not working, then why don't YOU work with your son? My DD knew all her ABC's, colors, shapes, animals, etc before she was even 2 y/o because I worked with her.

I try to and do what I can.  However, I do have a 10 month old who is learning to walk and stuff so between meeting her needs, housework, and such, I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to teaching him that stuff.  He gets distracted by stuff here at home, too.  Plus, he needs stimulation that I simply can't give him here at home.  Interaction with lots of other kids and such.  He's become bored at home and the few jaunts a week out of the house that I am able to do aren't cutting it for him and he has begun acting up out of sheer boredom.  Something like a preschool would greatly benefit him.  Part of the reason I would like a little academics thrown in the mix is because if we're dishing out that kind of money it would be nice if he was getting more out of it and I think he wouldn't get bored as easily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)