Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

i really hope we do not actually get this hurricane i live in nj and ive never had to deal with one and never thought i would

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Aislin
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I live in coastal NC. I've been through many hurricanes. They are scary. The best thing you can do is be prepared. Pay close attention to everything the news says. Get your supplies now just in case. Its always good to have supplies like that anyway. Make an evacuation plan now in case it becomes an issue. If you are prepared it can take a lot of the fear out of it. Since you have never been in a hurricane I want to remind you (and everyone) to please don't go out in the eye of the storm. Looking outside or standing in the yard is fine but so many people here will try to drive around during it and get caught by the back side of the storm.

I know it can be scary mama. Just prepare. If you want to talk feel free to send me a message.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:54 PM

hugs

Jessand2boys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I agree with aislin. Preparation is key.. dont wait too late, because people get nutty at the hint of a hurricane and places will sell out quick... even gas pumps get empty LOL

I have been through many many hurricanes.. they dont frighten me as much as the thought of a tornado lol

Quoting Aislin:

I live in coastal NC. I've been through many hurricanes. They are scary. The best thing you can do is be prepared. Pay close attention to everything the news says. Get your supplies now just in case. Its always good to have supplies like that anyway. Make an evacuation plan now in case it becomes an issue. If you are prepared it can take a lot of the fear out of it. Since you have never been in a hurricane I want to remind you (and everyone) to please don't go out in the eye of the storm. Looking outside or standing in the yard is fine but so many people here will try to drive around during it and get caught by the back side of the storm.

I know it can be scary mama. Just prepare. If you want to talk feel free to send me a message.

fallnangel93
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:57 PM

When I lived down south we had a few...one the night before my wedding! lol. It wasn't too bad...tv died though, but other than that we didn't even have any damage.

naomishere
by naomi michelle on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM
That's what I'm worried about is the damage...... a lot of houses are very old and who knows if we actually get it if they can stand up to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)