Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great, healthier alternative to pop tarts, kraft mac and cheese, oreos, chocolate chip granola bars, and peanut butter captain crunch.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM
  • 43 Replies

My kids love snacks as much as any other kid. We have made a real effort to stay away from high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, and genetically modified food. I have found these natural and organic products that my kids really like. They don't cost that much more. As a matter of fact, the cookies and cereal are cheaper than the junk ones. I just thought I would share. The cookies are best when kept in a ziploc bag or container after they are opened. They aren't loaded with preservatives so they get stale quick if the package is left open. The granola bars a a little sticky but taste great.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iRockies
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Making them yourself is even better! I make homemade mac and cheese, granola and pop tarts.

zianneaaliyah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Where are the toaster pastries sold at?  I don't  usually buy pop tarts, but my daughter tends to ask for them once in awhile. 

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:05 PM

How much are these?

MoM_Of_BayanBro
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I feed my son alot of these at one time an he looooved them I got all these at the super walmart there really not that much more in cost you an also buy at toys r us

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM

depends on the brand. Some organics or "all naturals" aren't really either.  But they follow the very lax standards to call themselves that.

srose73
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Envirokidz is my son's favorite cereal. We usually get the Leapin Lemurs.

LivsMaMa07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:09 PM

how do you make pop tarts?

Jynnifer292

Quoting iRockies:

Making them yourself is even better! I make homemade mac and cheese, granola and pop tarts.

I make homemade mac and cheese sometimes, which is always better than the boxed stuff. I do a lot of baking in the cooler months but have this stuff on hand in the summer. I have a recipe that looks great for home made pop tarts but have never tried it. I have a really good recipe for granola bars with jam filling. I should find that and share it. It is always cheaper to make it yourself.

Elijahsmommy508

Junk food is still junk food.  I opt not to buy any of it. *shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)