Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which home would you choose?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM
  • 23 Replies
we have been looking at two differant homes. they are both about the same price. one is a house 3 bedrooms one bath kind of small and really close to the main highway. the second is a mobile home it is brand new has 5 bedrooms 2 bath and is huge. 2 living rooms, big kitchen and laundry room. but i live in alabama and we have alot of tornado's so A mobile home is not that safe. we can buy our own land were we want it and the trailer for the same price for the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I'd take the 5 bed brand new away from the highway myself!!!..These new mobile homes are awesome!! I have seen some gorgeous ones!!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I hated living in a trailer when I was younger. It seems everything was so poorly made and much cheaper in quality. Also if you want to resell they are hard to get rid of. And you may lose money on them.

kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Same here.

Quoting Just_Bethy:

I'd take the 5 bed brand new away from the highway myself!!!..These new mobile homes are awesome!! I have seen some gorgeous ones!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I would go for the trailer if it was me.

DanielleK21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I hated living in a trailer when I was younger. It seems everything was so poorly made and much cheaper in quality. Also if you want to resell they are hard to get rid of. And you may lose money on them.

Yep I would take the house or keep looking. There is a ton of houses for sale these days.

oboe_chik
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM
I would never buy a mobile home. They depreciate in value instead of appreciating like a house. You might as well be renting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I have lived in mobile homes for years.I also live in alabama.I got news.if a tornado wants you,a house is not going to stop it..............

Bboysmommy11
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I would choose the house.  But then again it is so hard to say without seeing the quality in both of them.  I would think that the house would be more sturdy and made to last.  Good luck!!

Zoeysmom09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:56 PM

this. And if a tornado comes unless you had a shelter you would be screwed

Quoting oboe_chik:

I would never buy a mobile home. They depreciate in value instead of appreciating like a house. You might as well be renting.

imthatgirl728
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I would keep looking. I wouldn't want to be close to the highway. And I wouldn't buy a home I felt wqs unsafe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)