Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ds's bday

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
i feel horrible for this but every year when ds's bday gets close i get so anxious and wish that one year he'll say he doesn't wan't a party because of some family members because they insiste on ruining it for him he'll be 4 in october and i told DH i just wan't to take ds on vacation and skip the whole party thing just celebrate just the 3 of us and DH tells me he wants to do a cook out and there will probably be 30 to 40 people here in my house i just wan't to know if any one else feels this way and what should i do to try and not be so anxious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:36 PM
know one has advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angierose7679
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:37 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM

alternate...one year throw a party next year do something just hte three of you. Have you told him about your anxiety? What do your family members do to cause all this anxiety?

WendyJR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:39 PM
I don't have any advice either I feel the same way you do. We live 900 miles away from our families and I'd much rather take a trip up north and celebrate with them--but dh wants to throw a party here at home with his buddies their wives and kids etc. I'd much rather do something simpler and use that money for something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:51 PM
well sil kids insist on trying to stick their hands in the cake or trying to take the toys as some as there unwrapped and not let ds even see what he gets and last year they did that a ds smacked the he'll out of them for it and mil screams out she is going to spank ds i'm about to cry just thinking about all the Damn trouble sil's kids cause when there here if they just didn't come i'd have Alot less anxioty about it along with there not being a cook out

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

alternate...one year throw a party next year do something just hte three of you. Have you told him about your anxiety? What do your family members do to cause all this anxiety?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:57 PM

let him do the bbq but save the gifts/cake for just you three since SIL can't control her kids.

Quoting masonsmommy107:

well sil kids insist on trying to stick their hands in the cake or trying to take the toys as some as there unwrapped and not let ds even see what he gets and last year they did that a ds smacked the he'll out of them for it and mil screams out she is going to spank ds i'm about to cry just thinking about all the Damn trouble sil's kids cause when there here if they just didn't come i'd have Alot less anxioty about it along with there not being a cook out

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM
i might see what dh thinks about that i really wish i could just tell sil if she can't control her kids there not welcome to come

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

let him do the bbq but save the gifts/cake for just you three since SIL can't control her kids.

Quoting masonsmommy107:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamombygrace
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I feel ya. I have a Sister in law that tries to ruin everything for my girls. We have to invite her b/c of our nieces. We were upfront with her this year. We were not having any drama. First year she came...she told my niece she was too fat and couldn't have any cake or ice cream with the rest of the kids.

Second year she came...she brought her whole freaking family..from her side and she's knows we do not get along. Dh told them that we had to pay per person and we had already paid for our guests with our package. That we were not paying for them to eat, drink, or have tokens. They ate our food anyways!

This year she stayed nice with everyone...she just berated my niece...her daughter. She shows so much favortism over those girls. My heart just broke for my niece. She wants a party at a local kid's pizza place so bad and her Mom told her she was too old, but her Sister could have hers there. She's only 8!

For youngest DD's first birthday she got mad we rented a private party at a petting zoo. So she picked a fight with BIL...called him every name in the book, refused to let him go, or our youngest niece. Only the oldest got to come (the one she berates all the time.) Next year she will NOT be invited.

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM
that is terrable i just wish some can be up front with her and not tip toe around her feelings if they are like the brats they have been at every one of ds's party's i have to say something i'm not going to put up with it anymore her kids are so bad no one will babysit them any more

Quoting imamombygrace:

I feel ya. I have a Sister in law that tries to ruin everything for my girls. We have to invite her b/c of our nieces. We were upfront with her this year. We were not having any drama. First year she came...she told my niece she was too fat and couldn't have any cake or ice cream with the rest of the kids.

Second year she came...she brought her whole freaking family..from her side and she's knows we do not get along. Dh told them that we had to pay per person and we had already paid for our guests with our package. That we were not paying for them to eat, drink, or have tokens. They ate our food anyways!

This year she stayed nice with everyone...she just berated my niece...her daughter. She shows so much favortism over those girls. My heart just broke for my niece. She wants a party at a local kid's pizza place so bad and her Mom told her she was too old, but her Sister could have hers there. She's only 8!

For youngest DD's first birthday she got mad we rented a private party at a petting zoo. So she picked a fight with BIL...called him every name in the book, refused to let him go, or our youngest niece. Only the oldest got to come (the one she berates all the time.) Next year she will NOT be invited.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)