Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is ok???

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
So DS & one of his cousins play together sometimes. Well... his cousin has been a bit of a bully lately. He'll hit & sometimes punch, he takes toys away & throws them @ DS, he has even pushed DS down the stairs. His mom will watch all of this happen & not do anything about it. She tells ME to discipline her son when it comes to stuff like that. So I will tell him it's not ok to hit, take toys, etc. Then he cries & runs to his mom & she says "OH... IS ANNY PICKING ON YOU?? IT'S OK... WE'LL GET HER LATER." WTF?!?! I've had enough. I'm getting sick & tired of her son bullying DS like this so I told her until she started disciplining him & telling him it's not ok to do that I don't want them playing together.

Would you allow it?? She says I'm a bitch for not letting them play together but if he's hurting DS & she's not gonna do anything about it why should I let them play together??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SareyF
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Sounds like she's the bitch, not you. Stick to your guns, mama. Worry about you and your kiddo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Nope, not ok and for me, they wouldn't be playing together.
mommy0815
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM
I would be pissed and wouldn't let them play together either. Maybe find another play group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natty31105

I wouldnt let them play together either. Shes not helping you with showing her son what is right and wrong, so it wont get any better.

oboe_chik
Nope. I've done the same thing. One or dhs friends is like that. Our kids haven't played together in well over a year because they wont discipline then. Maybe after being told half heartdly "no don't do that" 20 times they will threaten time out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sati769leigh

no i woudl stop the playdates for now. your son doesnt need to be given this bad example .

Kaelaasmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Any child who doesn't follow my rules is not welcome in my home. Period. I would have no problem telling his mother just that.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

norasmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

No, no, no!!! She is crazy and needs a reality check. You keep your child away from his cousin until he learns how to act around other kids.

drealu
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:30 PM

HECK NO would I allow a child to continue to bully my kid to play with them. No matter what. ESPECIALLY if the mother is there, sees it, and does nothing.

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:34 PM
I used to babysit him & was very well-behaved when she wasn't around. Then she decided that she didn't want me watching him anymore so the only time he comes over anymore is when she does. I think the reason he acts out is cuz he knows he can get away with everything when she's around. If she's gonna be around & not discipline I don't see a point in them coming over @ all.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Any child who doesn't follow my rules is not welcome in my home. Period. I would have no problem telling his mother just that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)