Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Deal With This?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

When I took my daughter to the doctor for cyanosis of her extremities the doctor also mentioned sending me to OKC with her to see about reshaping her head.  When she was born we noticed her head is misshapen.  I had her at 37 weeks and she weighed 8 lb 4 oz which is a huge baby for me to carry around.  I was never told why her head was this way and since then haven't bothered to ask, just thought sometimes these things happen.  I originally thought it was because she didn't have enough room in my belly...then again I can't be sure.  I just knew I had no room for her when I gave birth. 

Anyhow, the doctor said something about a helmet.  Has anyone had to do this for their little one?  My husband and I are curious about this and if we should go forth with it. 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
norasmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:45 PM

BUMP!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:47 PM

BUMP!

bethanysmom1007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

My son had a helmet when he was about 3-4 months old.  It's honestly not as bad as you would think!  He had it on for about 3 months, and even though it was such short time it made a really big difference!  He got used to it really fast, and the only time he had a problem was when he figured out that he could undo the velcro!  LOL  It's not a hard process, but I know every dr is different.  We went in for a consultation, and he took measurements of Caleb's head.  The next appointment we made was for the molding of it.  Some places now use scanners though that's probably SOO much easier!  They had to put his head in a plaster mold.  It took about 2-3 weeks to get the helmet in, and once he got it trimmed to his head, we went back for appointments every week for about a month.  After he made sure it was doing ok, the appointments were every 2-3 weeks.  Like I said, it's a very good investment, and It'll be a lot easier for them to wear hats and stuff. 

And with the helmet, I only got a couple people who had questions about it, and most people just said he was so cute!!  So I wouldn't worry about that part. 

mitch576
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM

yes we did.

it was nothing really. you start off at like an hour.. and increase wear time daily. it's worth it.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)